Thursday, January 28, 2010

When we were swinging at the playground, a man smoked.


(Alex realizes that Mommy has already left for work.)
Alex: Where's Mommy? Did I give her a hug and a kiss?


(Daddy is wearing his baseball cap sideways.)
Claire: Hat.
Alex: What's that?
Daddy: What?
Alex: What did you do it with? What happened to your hat?
Daddy: What?
Alex: Did you turn it around?
Daddy: Yeah.


Daddy: Hey, Alex? Daddy fixed your track.
Alex: Oh yay! Hooray for Daddy!

Alex: The hills are good.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Better if mommies and daddies help you put airports under it. (…) And boys can look at all kinds of things. In their house. That's what they do. That's what boys can do.


Daddy (to Alex and Claire): Hi, children.
Alex (to Daddy, smiling): Hi children.
Daddy: I'm not children.
Alex: You're... one... person.


(Daddy is explaining to Alex about the virus on his work computer.)
Daddy: ... So I will take it to work, so he can fix it.
Alex: And you will see a dinosaur?
Daddy: Yes, I’ll see a dinosaur.
Alex: And he will eat some sandwiches?


(Mommy is about to take Alex and Claire to the playground.)
Alex: Are we gonna go to the first playground, from yesterday? The old one? By our house?

Alex: My - um - my diaper didn't - leak.


(Mommy, Alex, and Claire return from the playground.)
Alex (to Daddy, very serious): When we were swinging at the playground, a man smoked. Daddy: Oh.
Alex: It was gross.
(Mommy laughs.)
Alex: It came out of his mouth and his nose.
Daddy: Ew.
Alex: And there was another man on that bench and he shouldn’t do that either.


(Daddy is telling Mommy about Alex’s sad morning.)
Alex (interrupting): I told Irmarion all about it at snack time, but he didn't understand, so I told Miss Arnold.


(Alex is playing with trains and dinosaurs.)

Dinosaur: I'm not lost, that's my home, why did you take me away?
Bertie: I'm Bertie the bus, I drive on the road.

Dinosaur: Where are my brothers and sisters? (Mumble). Oh, there they are! My brothers and sisters!

Bertie: Where are you going, dinosaur?
Dinosaur: I’m eating up some leaves. Don’t say that again, Bertie.
(Alex plays silently for a bit.)
Alex: Look Daddy, that dinosaur’s climbing up the track to get to his family.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: They're walking. And that green dinosaur’s eating some leaves. And Bertie’s waiting for him to come back.
(Alex plays silently for a bit.)
Alex: I'm pretending.
Daddy: Yeah, you’re doing a good job of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment