Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I - I talked about two things what are squishy. So, I'm not gonna talk about all the squishy things.


(breakfast time)

Alex: Is there no school?
Daddy: We have school today.
Alex: First we have to play.
Daddy: Okay.


(Alex and Claire are playing with Play-Doh.)

Alex: Look, Mommy, I did something!
Mommy: What’d you do?
Alex: I made a pancake to make a dog!

Alex: Daddy, I made a jinjo!


Daddy: That would make me sad. Let’s not make me sad, okay?
Alex: I wanna make you sad.
Daddy: I don’t want you to make me sad.
Alex: Yes.
(Pause.)
Alex: I’m gonna make you sad.


Mommy: Claire, do you know how to say “yes”?
Claire: No.
Mommy: Claire, can you say “yes”?
(Claire nods.)


Alex: That's from your nose. Claire’s nose.
Claire: Clah’s. Nose.


(Claire is looking at a photo album with Daddy.)
Claire: Baby.
Claire: Mommy.
Claire: Daddy.
Claire: Grommie.
Claire: Pop.
Claire: Jamma.


(Alex climbs up on Daddy’s back.)
Alex: Look at me!
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: I’m up top!
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Can you walk like a frog, with me up here?


(Claire is talking on the toy phone.)
Claire: Elmo. Nana. Pop.


(time to wash hands)
Alex: Can we flip a coaster first? Which one do you want to flip: red, yellow, green, blue, or purple?


(dinner time)

Alex: Daddy?
Daddy: Yes, Alex.
Alex: Claire has pink. And I have a orange plate, and a green cup, and a green bowl.
Daddy: Yeah.

Alex: I like these squishy carrots.
Mommy: You like them?
Alex: Yeah. Where’d you get them from?

Alex: I have - I cough really hard.

Alex: Mommy got squishy carrots!
Daddy: You like those, don’t you?
Alex: Mm-hm.
Alex: Sometimes when Mommy has hard carrots, it makes me... have a litle bit goss.
Daddy: Oh, okay.
Alex: Squishy carrots make me get my tummy full.
Daddy: That’s good!

Alex: I like Mommy to buy the squishy carrots.
Daddy: I know you do.
Alex: They're like germs.
Daddy: They’re like germs?
Alex: Yeah. Germs are squishy too.
Daddy: Oh.
(Pause.)
Alex: I - I talked about two things what are squishy. So, I'm not gonna talk about all the squishy things.


(bath time)
Alex: A fever came outta my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment