Saturday, January 30, 2010

Claire! It snowed a little bit! Did you know it snowed a little bit? Outside? Snow doesn’t go in the house. It snows outside.


Alex: Claire! It snowed a little bit! Did you know it snowed a little bit? Outside? Snow doesn’t go in the house. It snows outside.


Mommy: Do you need to go to the potty?
Alex: Um no, because this pull-up is, um, dry.


Alex: Oh! It snowed in my backyard! It snowed in my backyard.


Alex: That's my friend Oakley! That’s my friend Oakley’s house.


Alex: No more dinosaur PJ bottoms, I want my superhero bottoms.


Daddy: Okay, Superhero PJ Bottoms Man.
(Pause.)
Alex: I'm Alex.


(Alex and Daddy are snuggled up on the sofa.)
Alex: Yay, we're together! I'm with my daddy!


Daddy: Are you drawing a picture?
Alex: No, I just drawed a picker.
Daddy: Oh, what’s that a picker of?
Alex (laughing): Oh, a picture. Sorry.


(Alex and Claire are opening Mommy’s box of running gear.)
Alex: You wanna see, us running? Okay, Daddy?


(Alex and Claire are looking out the window at the snow.)

Alex: Why are we blocked? We can’t go outside!
Claire: Oh no! ‘Side!

Alex: Ah, bird!
Claire: Bird!


Alex: Computer, stop it!
(Pause.)
Claire: ‘Puter, stop it! Stop it!


Alex: Alex needs email!


Alex: Is there a Big Bad Wolf outside?
Daddy: Is there?
Alex: Is there a Big Bad Wolf, Daddy?
Daddy: I don’t think so.
Alex: I see one!
Daddy: Oh, then I guess there is one.
Alex: No. My Mommy and Daddy take care of me, because I’m not scared.


Alex: Look at us, Daddy!
Claire: Uh us! Uh us!


Alex: When I was bigger, I could take a shower. With Mommy and Daddy.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: And I could go for a run with Mommy with my running stuff.
Mommy: Yeah. I can’t wait until you can run with me. Maybe when you’re five or six you can run? Couple years?
Alex: Maybe when I’m bigger.
Mommy: Well you’ll be bigger in a couple years.


(During nap, Alex is playing in his bed.)
Alex: Ernie, don’t close your mouth. Because we have cookies.
(Pause.)
Ernie: I’m not hungry.
Ernie: I’m not hungry, Alex.
Alex: But you are hungry.


Claire: Cold.
Mommy: Is it cold, Claire? A jacket will help.
Claire: Jacket hope. Jacket hope.


Alex (pointing): Look at that big pile o’ snow over there, in the family room where I’m pointing!


Alex: Are you gonna stay in here?
Daddy: No, I’m gonna go outside. And play!
Alex: Yayyy! I’m excited, Daddy.


(After playing in the snow, Claire and Alex are wearing their new slippers.)
Alex: Look at my slippers!
Daddy: That’s great!
Alex: They’re so squishy!
Claire: Uh slippers!


(playing inside)

Claire (patting the Cookie Monster and Elmo stuffed animals): Nigh-nigh.
Claire (patting Cookie Monster): Pat.
Daddy: Yeah, pat!
Claire (patting Elmo): Elmo. Pat.

Alex (playing with a Matchbox car): This is Murder, Daddy, he drives around.
Daddy: Murder?
Alex: Yeah, Murder. Murder is a friend, like Thomas.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Do you know? It’s Carter. It’s Carter.
Daddy: It’s Carter?
Alex: Yeah. It’s like Carter at school. That’s my friend.
Alex (to Claire): Yeah it’s Carter. Carter is a friend.
Claire: Friend. Carter. Carter.

Alex (playing with Matchbox cars): I don’t know where Uncle Ed is. This is, um, Sir Topham Hatt!

Alex: Where are you, Daddy?
Daddy: I’m right here!
Alex: I thought you were doing laundry!
Daddy: I’ll be right back!

Alex: Kuh-kuh-kuh coach. Coach starts with C.
Mommy: Good job, Alex!

Alex: C starts with you, Claire. Kuh kuh kuh Claire.

Alex: This is Peter.
Daddy: Peter?
Alex: Yeah, Peter the car.

Alex: Claire doesn’t know Peter. Claire, can you say “Peter”?
Claire: Peter.
Alex: That’s it!

Alex: I’m getting all my trains.
Claire: Trains. Trains. Trains.
Alex: Trains! It starts with a T!
Mommy: Good job, buddy!
Claire: Trains. Trains.

Claire: Walk, baby. Walk, baby.
Alex: Claire’s saying “Walk, baby!”
Daddy: Yeah!

Claire (patting the stuffed animals, hard): Nigh-nigh. Nigh-nigh. Nigh-nigh.

Claire (swinging the stuffed animals around): Rock. Rock. Rock. Rock.

Alex: This is a blanket.
Claire: Blanket.
Alex: This is a blanket, for everyone.

Alex: Can you get Carter, Claire? Carter’s right there.
Claire: Carter.
Alex: Thank you, Claire. Carter’s on a mission.

Claire (raising and lowering Elmo and Cookie Monster, alternately): Up, down, up, down, up, down.

No comments:

Post a Comment