Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Elmo blanket was pretending to be a horsey. And I didn't like it.


(Alex wakes up sad.)

Alex: I couldn't find Elly. I looked in my blanket, and under my pillow, and outta my bed.

Alex: My Elmo blanket was pretending to be a horsey.
Daddy: What was pretending to be a horsey?
Alex: My Elmo blanket was pretending to be a horsey. And I didn't like it.


Alex: I'm happy now because Mommy helped me.


Alex: I'm gonna have a picnic now, and you stay there and drink your coffee.
Daddy: Okay.


(Alex talks on his toy phone.)
Alex: Hi? Is no one there? It's me, Alex.
Alex: Hi Elmo. What's your name? Stuff? Okay.


Claire (to Daddy, patting the spot beside her on the sofa): Uh sit. Uh sit.


Claire: Booga booga booga. Booga booga booga. Booga booga. Booga booga booga booga.


Alex: Mommy, I'm gonna break the floor.
Mommy: Don’t break the floor.
Daddy: If you broke the floor, what would you walk on?
Mommy: You’d walk on the broken floor.
Alex: On the ceiling!


Alex: What are you doing there, eyes? Eyes don't have houses - houses don't have eyes.


(dinner time)

Alex: Daddy, show me everything that's in this house.
Daddy: You want me to show you everything that's in the house?
Alex: Yeah. Show me something.

Alex: Mommy bought different barbecue sauce for me what with, no gravy in it.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex (to Mommy): I know how to say “gravy” now.
Mommy: Oh, good.
Alex: Is there no gravy in this barbecue sauce?
Mommy: No gravy?
Alex: That's gravy on Daddy’s chicken.
Mommy: Mm-hm.

Alex: I dipped it -- and I -- and I -- um -- and uh -- what do you do, dip it in your barbecue sauce?
Mommy: You dip it, that's the word.
Alex: What else do you do?
Mommy: I don’t know.
Alex: Dip it around.
Mommy: Oh. Swirl it around?
Alex: Swirl it around.

Alex: Yeah when you eat chicken, you put one in there. But, sometimes when you put two in there, it's too much.

Claire: Dog! Dog!
Daddy: What's your dog's name?
(Pause.)
Claire: Dog!

Alex: Daddy! Daddy!
Daddy: What is it, Alex?
Alex: When you -- I ate a piece of broccoli and it made me strong.

Alex: Daddy? I'm gonne eat one more mac and cheese, okay?

Daddy: Alex, if a tree falls in the forest, and there’s no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Alex (quietly): Puhhhhh.

Alex: Daddy, if a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it, what would it make a sound?
Daddy: I don't know, what would it make a sound?
Alex: Yeah. On the island of Sodor.

Daddy: What would you take on the Island of Sodor?
Alex: I would take big, big, big babies.


Alex: Don't be a monster, okay, be a snake. And then when you be a lion… Get Claire, don’t get me.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: And then get Mommy.


Alex: Giraffes don't have any lights to turn on.


(Mommy and Daddy are talking to each other.)
Alex: What? What are we talkling about?

No comments:

Post a Comment