Monday, January 18, 2010

Claire drive the car / Claire drive the car / Claire drive the car all day


(breakfast time)

Alex: There’s a little black on my waffle where Daddy cooked it over there on the toaster.

Alex: My water was making Super Why songs.

Alex: George got it dirty so he’s cleaning it up. So he can go bowling.


Alex: Buh buh buh. That starts with book and baby!


Alex: I’m gonna sing a different song about the eye ran off the head.


Alex: That’s a different one. That’s a little one, so I’m gonna sing a different one.
Alex (singing): Daddy all the way
Alex (singing): Daddy all the way
Alex (singing): Daddy all the way
Alex (singing): Claire all the way
Alex (singing): Claire all the way
Alex (singing): Claire drive the car
Alex (singing): Claire drive the car
Alex (singing): Claire drive the car all day
Alex (singing): Alex drives the truck
Alex (singing): Alex drives the truck
Alex (singing): Alex drives the truck
Alex (singing): Mommy drives the boat
Alex (singing): Mommy drives the boat
Alex (singing): Mommy drives the boat all day
Alex (singing): Grommie
Alex (singing): Crock-a-dock
Alex (singing): He just talk
Alex (singing): He just – he was (mumble) up to the window
Alex (singing): So, Daddy (mumble)
Alex (singing): So… all that was. But. That – drott was all the mott
Alex (singing): He was (mumble mumble) all the friends
Alex: Oops. I sing it wrong. So I sing it right.

(A little later, Alex is singing again. The following is only a snippet from the middle of his song.)
Alex (singing): Alex drives a car
Alex (singing): Mommy drives a boat
Alex (singing): Daddy was swimming after Grommie
Alex (singing): So Alex was swimming after Mommy


(Alex is looking at the furnace.)
Alex: Oh, the monster. His long neck. His long neck all up to the ceiling. That’s scary.


Alex: Is Daddy watching the bear?
Mommy: Oh, I don’t know. Let’s find out.
Alex: Oh he took it back to the store.
Mommy: He did? Did he finish it?
Alex: Yeah.


(Claire is playing quietly with Elmo and Grover.)
Claire (looking around): Abby? Abbyyy…!

Claire (pointing to Grover): Shoes. Sock. Shoes. Sock. Shoes. Sock.


Daddy: Pick me up.
Alex: No, you’re too heavy. You pick me up.


Alex: I put all the blueberries in my mouth!


(Daddy is in Claire’s way.)
Claire: Uh move. Uh move. Uh move. Please.


(Claire and Alex are fighting, because both of them want to go with Mommy when she goes to the bathroom.)
Mommy: Okay. Just forget it. I won’t go to the bathroom right now.
Alex: I want you to go to the bathroom!
Alex (crying): I want Mommy to go to the bathroom!


Alex: Oh! Daddy’s hungry, here’s a hot dog.
Daddy: Thank you.
Alex: There’ll be no more.


(dinner time)

(Alex and Claire each have a cup of tomato sauce for dipping.)

Alex: Tomato in a cup!

Alex: Mommy put tomato in my cup!

(Claire pours tomato sauce on her calzone.)
Claire: I did it!

Claire (through a mouth full of calzone): I ike it!
Mommy: You like it? You’re so cute.
Alex: I like it too.
Claire: Like it.

Alex: Sometimes for dinner, I want Daddy to eat his first, and sometimes for snack, I want Claire to eat hers, cookies, first.

Mommy: Claire’s done.
Claire: All done.
Mommy: Claire’s full.
Claire: I’m full.
Mommy: Claire is a smart cookie!
Claire: Ah.
Mommy: Are you smart, Claire?
Claire: No.
(Mommy laughs.)
Mommy: Claire, are you smart?
Claire: No.

Alex: I’m mad at you, Daddy.


(getting ready for songs)
Alex: There was a dog, and he bumped into a door.
Mommy: Oh my goodness, then he fell on the floor!
(Alex cracks up.)
Alex: What you say – Mommy, may you say it again?
(This exchange is repeated many times.)


(bed time)
Alex: First I’ll say it your way, then I’ll say it my way.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Um, we’ll get up, and go down your hair, and jump off of the counter …
(Alex continues.)

No comments:

Post a Comment