Saturday, January 16, 2010

See?


(Alex is watching Sid the Science Kid.)
Alex (looking at Sid’s grandma’s car): That’s like Sir Toppin’s car. Sir Toppin Hatt’s car.


Alex: Claire, after we watch, ah, Elmo, you wanna watch Super Why with me?


Alex (to Daddy): Super Why’s going in a comic book!


(Alex is making the Little People toys dance.)
Alex: They’re dancing. The tiger and the elephant are dancing.
Claire (making her Little People man dance): Eh dancing.


Alex: I was tryin’ to touch the couch.
Daddy: Oh, were you successful?
Alex: Daddy, I know how to make a duck. I know how to make a duck, like you!
(Alex makes a duck with his fingers.)
Daddy: Oh look at that, you really do!


(Alex and Claire are helping to unload groceries.)
Alex (finding a container of sour cream): Sow cream!
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex: I know what sow cream is now.


Claire: Ah-wah!
Alex (from behind the bathroom door): I’m in the bathroom, Claire! I locked the door, so no one can get in!


Alex (showing Daddy some art he made at school): Daddy, look at my picture! I have fish. And I glued them on my fishbowl. And when I went to school next time, Miss Gibson liked my picture.
Daddy: Oh, nice!


Mommy: Alex took his clothes off all by himself!
Alex: I’m gonna tell Daddy!
(Alex runs, naked, into the other room where Daddy’s sitting.)
Alex: Daddy, I took my PJs off all by myself!
Daddy: Good job! Look at you! You did that all by yourself?
Alex: Yeah! Can I give you a hug?
Daddy: Yeah!


(Alex and Claire are playing nicely together for a change.)
Alex: We’re not fighting anymore, Daddy.


Alex (working the Barney jigsaw puzzle): Claire, may you help me? I can’t do this by myself.


Alex: Um, we watched a new Curious George, and on that Curious George, Curious George went bowling.
Daddy: Just like Alex went bowling!
Alex: Yeah, and there was no nap, and when I always had a nap after bowling, Daddy told me, when, it’s dark, we have to go to bed. Yeah. After bowling.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Yeah after we went bowling.


Alex: On this Science Kid, and after they sing outside and talk about, everything, um, and after they come inside, um, after they sit down, um, and Gerald says “Where’s my teacher, where’s my teacher?”
(Alex laughs.)


(Claire hears Mommy pulling into the garage.)
Claire: Mama!
Claire: Mama!
Claire (to Daddy): Daddy? Daddy? Mama!


Claire: Uh dance.


Claire: Uh mask.


Claire: Uh Elmo.


(snack time)

Claire (pointing to Graham Bunnies): Uh bunny.

Claire (pointing to napkins): Uh napkin.

Claire (handing her snack cup to Daddy): Snack.
Daddy: You want more snack? There’s more cheese in your cup.
Claire (looking into the cup): Oh.
(Pause.)
Claire (still looking in her cup): Cheese.
(Pause.)
(Claire gives a definitive nod, and walks away.)


(Claire wants Daddy to put the lid on her snack cup.)
Claire: Uh on.


Claire: Ah-chah! Ah-chah!
Daddy: Ah-chah!
Claire: Ah-chah! Ah-chah! Ah-chah! Ah-chah!


(Claire beeps the horn on her car.)
Claire: Bee-beet!

(Claire is playing with her car.)
Claire: Daddy?
Daddy: Yes, Claire?
Claire: Car!
Daddy: Car! Are you playing with your car?
Claire: No.


(Claire wants Daddy to help fit the dashboard back into its slot on her car.)
Claire: Uh fit.


(Claire finds Alex’s pajamas.)
Claire: Ah-wah!
Claire: Daddy?
Daddy: Yes Claire?
Claire (handing the pajamas to Daddy): Ah-wah!


(Claire finds the tray to the baby doll’s high chair.)
Claire: Baby. Baby. Baby. Baby.
Daddy: That’s for the baby, that’s right.
Claire: On. On. Baby. Baby bee. Baby. Bay… Baby.
(Claire wanders around, apparently looking for her baby doll.)
Claire: Baby. Baby. Baby. Baby. Baby. Baby. Uh baby. Uh baby. Uh baby. Uh baby. Uh baby. Uh baby. Uh baby. Uh baby. Uh baby. Uh baby. Uh baby. Baybaybaybay. Uh baby.


Claire: Uh see. Daddy?
(Daddy looks up, and sees Claire wearing Mommy’s crocs, with a big grin on her face.)
Claire: Uh see.
Daddy: Look at you, you’re wearing Mommy’s shoes!
(Claire walks around in Mommy’s shoes, still grinning, and making sure Daddy is watching.)
Claire (pointing at her foot): Uh foot. Uh foot. Uh foot.


Claire: Uh wah-woo. Uh wawa. Uh wawa.
Claire: Daddy?
Daddy: Yes, Claire.
Claire: Uh wawa.
Daddy: You want me to get it for you?
(Claire nods. Daddy gets Claire her water cup.)

Claire (looking at Daddy, and holding her cup up to the water dispenser): Uh more. Wawa.

Claire: Uh more. Wawa. Daddy?
(Daddy looks at Claire.)
Claire: Uh more. Wawa.


Claire: Oh see. Baby! Bose. Bose. Bose.
(Claire shows the dish towel, which has bears on it, to her baby.)
Claire: Uh see bose.
Claire: See?
(Claire continues to show the dish towel to her baby.)


Alex: I got some things from Kate. Mommy checked the candy out and there was no….
(Pause.)
Mommy: What?
Alex: Tell me, Mommy.
Mommy: There were no ingredients listed.
Alex: No ‘gredients, so I can’t eat them.


Claire: Eh Daddy.
Daddy: I’m Daddy.
Claire: Eh Daddy.
Daddy: What about Daddy? You talkin’ ‘bout me?
Claire: No.


(bath time)

Alex: Can you make funny hair?

Cookie Monster: I'm the flying Cookie Monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment