Sunday, January 31, 2010

We had fun in the snow today.


(playing in the playroom)

Alex: I want silly music.

Alex: I’m dancing fast, Daddy! And turning around! And spinning!

Alex: We don’t stick to the ceiling.
Daddy: We don’t stick to the ceiling?
Alex: No, we don’t walk on the ceiling. And we don’t stick to the ceiling. We walk on the floor. We stick to the floor. If the ceiling comes down we will go up there and …
[There was much more to this story, but Alex talked too fast to get it all written down.]


Daddy: Who's Mommy’s daddy?
Alex: Daddy.
Daddy: Who's Mommy’s daddy?
Alex: Daddy.
Daddy: Am I Mommy’s daddy?
Mommy (smiling): Yeah. My sugar daddy.
Alex: I'm a chicken daddy!
Claire: A chicken. Daddy.


(playing in the snow)

Alex: I'm gonna drive around for a little bit, and when I'm done I'm gonna throw snow. All over Daddy!

Alex (to Daddy): Throw a snowball at that tree.
Daddy: What tree?
Alex (pointing vaguely toward the trees): That tree.
(Pause.)
Alex (pointing to the trees again): Uh, maybe that tree.

Daddy: Do you want me to throw this snowball at the tree, or at Mommy?
Alex (smiling): At Mommy.


Alex (loudly): Oohwah oohwah oohwah!
Alex: You want me to do it quiet?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex (whispering): Oohwah oohwah oohwah.
Daddy: Good.
Alex: You want me to do it loud?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex (loudly): Oohwah oohwah oohwah!
Alex: Was that loud?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: You want me to do it slow?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex (whispering): Oohwah oohwah oohwah.


(bath time)

Alex: When I grow bigger I can take a shower in my bathroom and when I grow more bigger I can take a shower in Mommy and Daddy’s bathroom.

Alex: We had fun in the snow today.
Daddy: Yeah, we had fun. I had fun in the snow today.
Alex: What did we do?
Daddy: What did we do?
Alex: What did we do?
Daddy: I don’t know, what did we do? I don’t remember.
Alex: Um... We throwed snowballs!
Daddy: That’s right, we threw snowballs!
Alex: And I made a track back to the other track.
Daddy: You did, you made a track all around the yard!
Alex: And then I came back to my mom and dad.

Alex: Science Kid went down the drain and now you can't see him because I closed it.
Daddy: Oh, Science Kid! Why did he go down the drain?
Alex: Maybe Super Why’s tryin’ to fix my trash can because it’s a little bit broken down.


No comments:

Post a Comment