Monday, January 11, 2010

Uh mask!


Alex: Claire got me my Elly, and I asked, and she did get me my Elly!


Alex: And now we can do snuggle! Snuggle, snuggle, snuggle!


Alex: Claire, come! Claire! Hello?! Claire?!


Claire: Ahhh-no. Ahhh-no. Aw dat.
Alex (laughing): She called you Arnold.


Alex: Daddy, we’re having parties and now we're resting!
Claire: Wuh resseh.


Daddy: Claire, what does a baby say?
Claire: Euh-guuuuuuk.


Alex: I will stay in here, and you run, and when you run in here I will get you, and I will bump my head on the floor.


Alex: My wings? Are like choggers. And my choggers make my feet hurt. So I'm putting Elly on it.


Alex: Look at me, Daddy. I'm walking slow.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Eeuh. I can't get to the end.


(After Claire’s breathing treatment, Daddy removes her mask.)
Claire (whining): Uh mask!


Daddy: I don't think he bit you very hard.
Alex: He chewed on me and I'm tired.
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: And I'm sad because I want Bobo in my bed.


(dinner time)

Daddy: What are you gonna eat first?
Alex: Um, tomato.
Daddy: Okay.
(Pause.)
Alex: Um – um you have to wait a minute, okay?
Daddy: Okay.
(Pause.)
Alex: I’m still tired.


Claire: Mama! Mama!
Mommy: That's salad.
Claire: Sah-wah.
Claire: Cook.
Mommy: That's corn.
Claire: Co.

Claire (eyeing Mommy’s salad): Mama. Mama.
Mommy: Mommy’s salad.
Alex: I don't want any salad.
Mommy: Okay.
Alex: No thank you.
Claire: Uh sah-wi.

Daddy: Claire, can you say popcorn chicken?
Claire: Chicken.
Daddy: Good! Can you say chicken nuggets?
Claire: Nnnnnuggets.
Mommy: Good job, Claire!

Daddy: Alex, did you have a new friend at school today?
Alex: Dot.
Daddy: Did you have a new friend?
Alex: His name is Dot.
Daddy: Oh, Dot. Is he nice?
Alex: Julia and Dot and me were sad, because I didn't like school.
Daddy: Oh, I'm sorry you were sad.
Alex: I was sad because I was tired, and I wanted to sleep at home.

Alex: Bobo doesn’t like dinner, he likes breakfast.

Alex: Because he doesn’t like dinner, he likes juice… with salad… and spinach. He likes dinner all the time.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: But the first time, he doesn’t like dinner. He likes breakfast. But he washes his hands too so he can eat breakfast.

Claire: Booga booga, booga, booga.

Alex: Claire, go up, Claire!
Daddy: She can't go up, because of gravity. Can you say “gravity”?
Alex and Claire (together): Gravity!

Daddy: Claire, do you know how to sing?
Claire (singing): Sing, sing.

Claire: ... Ah-wah… Daddy… Mama… Ah-wah… Daddy… Ah-wah… Mama…
Claire: Yay!
(Claire applauds.)

Alex: May I have more chinuggets to dip in the honey mustard?

(Claire puts her baby in the baby’s high chair.)
(Claire walks into the kitchen and points at the cabinet.)
Claire: Aw plate. Aw plate. Aw plate. Baby.
Daddy: You want a plate for baby?
(Claire nods. Daddy gets a plate from the cabinet and gives it to Claire.)
Claire (calling): Baby!
(Claire gives the plate to the baby.)
Claire: Uh spoon. Uh spoon. Uh spoon. Uh spoon. Uh spoon.
Daddy: You want a spoon?
Claire: Uh spoon. Me. Baby.
(Daddy gives Claire a spoon.)
Claire (calling): Baby!
(Claire feeds the baby with the spoon.)

Claire: Baby? Baby? Baby? All done. Kee.
(Claire walks over to the baby.)
Claire: All done. Baby? Baby? Baby? All done. All done.
(Claire takes the baby’s tray and holds it out to Daddy.)
Claire: Daddy?
Daddy: Yeah?
Claire: All done.
Daddy (taking the tray): Okay.

(Alex has some honey mustard left on his plate, but has no more chicken nuggets to dip into it. As a solution, he proposes eating the honey mustard with a spoon.)
Mommy: I don’t want you to eat just the sauce. You can dip the corn.
Alex: Okay.
(Pause.)
Alex: It will not taste very good.

(Claire is playing with her baby. She puts a clear baby bottle lid on the baby’s face.)
Claire: Mask. Baby.


(playing downstairs)

Alex: Can you move, Daddy, you’re blocking me. That was a little hole. For the stroller.
Daddy: Okay, I'm sorry that I was blocking you. I apologize.
Alex: Thank you, Daddy.
Daddy: You’re welcome.

Alex: Claire! I'm sharing my car with Claire!
Mommy: Good job, buddy!
(Mommy gives Alex a sharing sticker.)

Alex: I don't want blue today, I will get that next time.

Alex: I was driving in the dark, Mommy.
Mommy: Yeah?
Alex: Yeah I was driving in the big dark. Did you see me driving in the big dark mountain? Mommy: Yeah, do you want me to turn the light on?
Alex: Yeah, then it will be a light mountain.

Claire: Baby? Baby!

Claire: Why why why. Why why why why why why.

Alex: I - one wheel’s on the rug, and one wheel’s on the stripe.
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: On the stripe floor. Where the sofa is.
Alex: Claire, let's run. You wanna run?
Claire (reading a book): No. Book.

Alex: Now - now Daddy has your milk. Now drink up, baby!
(Alex laughs.)

Alex: Run run run. Run run run.
Claire: Wuh wuh. Wuh wuh wuh. Wah wah why. Wah wah why. Wah wah why.

Alex: I see mans on your computer.

(Alex is pushing the stroller forwards and backwards, watching his reflection in the window.)
Alex (with his terms reversed): Forwards and backwards. Forwards and backwards, Daddy.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: That's like it. Forwards and backwards.

Alex: Mommy, I slipped on this book.
Mommy: Oh. Okay. I think maybe you should pick the book up so it’s not on the floor.
Alex (picking things up): Oh, and some cards. On the floor. And I slipped on them too.
Alex: But my stroller fell (mumble) when I crashed into the boots.

(Alex has removed the basket from the stroller, so it’s just a frame.)
Alex: But it’s not a stroller anymore. That can be silly.
(Alex pushes the stroller frame around downstairs.)
Alex: Mommy, look, I’m pushing it without a stroller.
Claire (carrying the stroller's basket to Daddy): Daddy? Daddy? Uh broke.


Claire (pointing into the dark playroom): Uh playroom. Uh playroom. Uh playroom. Uh on. Uh on.
Daddy: You want the light on?
(Claire nods.)


(Alex is skipping. Daddy skips too.)
Alex: I do that every day at school, when I dance, and next time, Callum did it, and I did a different game.


Alex: I was talking about everything in my room.


Claire (touching Daddy’s toothbrush): Daddy.
Claire (touching Mommy’s toothbrush): Mommy.
Claire (touching Alex’s toothbrush): Ah-wah.


Daddy (to Claire): Go tell Mommy you brushed your teeth.
(Claire runs off to find Mommy.)
Claire (to Mommy): Uh brush!


Alex: Daddy, look at this blanket!
Daddy: Aw, neat!
Alex: Yeah, it’s a little bit small for me. I wanna keep it.


Alex: I got it! Here's my super duper - thing - big idea.

Alex (to Mommy): I'm pretending to be Science Kid.
Mommy: Oh, you are?
Alex (to Daddy): I'm pretending to be Science Kid.
Daddy: Oh, okay.

Alex (to Daddy): You be a monster.
Daddy: Oh, are you Science Kid?
Alex: Um yeah, Science Kid wants to be scared by a monster.


Daddy: Alex, what happened to Claire’s clip?
Alex: It fell. Down the drain.
Daddy: Oh.


Daddy (singing): I love my mommy
Mommy: Uh huh
Daddy (singing): My mom is cool
Alex (singing): And now it’s time – it’s time – to have fun at school!


Alex (showing Daddy the new basket in his bed): Look at this, Daddy, it holds all my trains and cars.


Alex: Oops. My banana fell.


(Alex is leaving his room to go give Claire a hug and a kiss.)
Alex (to Daddy): You stay right there and don’t read the story yet, because Claire’s falling asleep, and when I come back in and close the door, then you can read.
Daddy: Okay.


Alex: Oh, there's a triangle in Claire’s room!
Mommy: Yeah!
Alex: Like my room.
Mommy: That’s right!

No comments:

Post a Comment