Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Uh. Jelly. Fish.


(breakfast time)

Alex (watching Elmo's World): Um, Computer was bothering Drawer.

Alex (smiling, as he bounces his waffles up and down): The waffles are dancing.


Alex (to Daddy): Before you go can I give you a kiss and a hug? If I don't give you a kiss and a hug I will cry after you go to work.


(dinner time)

(Alex is complaining about a cut on his finger.)
Daddy: One time, I had a cut on my finger, and my mommy put cream on it --
Alex: Grandma?!

Daddy: Do you know who's my daughter?
Alex: Yeah.
Daddy: Who?
(Pause.)
Alex: Claire!
Mommy: That’s right!
Alex (to Daddy): And you're my son!

(Daddy takes a bite of a cracker.)
Alex: I don't want a cracker, no thank you.

Alex: Um, I can talk about your words.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: One time, I flew up in the sky, and there was a sandwich, and I ate it up, and I flew up in the clouds!

Daddy: If the waitress has a box of 250 toothpicks, and she drops them on the floor, and there are four left in the box, how many toothpicks are on the floor?
Alex: Two, one two three four, and one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fifteen, seventeen, eleven, teen, sixteen, and, seventeen. That's it.

(Daddy, Alex, and Claire are pretending to be jellyfish.)
Mommy (to Claire): Are you a jellyfish too?
Claire: Uh. Jelly. Fish.


(Earlier, Alex fell down and knocked his head really hard on the floor. But now he’s feeling better.)
Daddy (to Alex, quietly): Tell Mommy you don't have a concussion. Say "I don't have a concussion, Mommy."
(Alex runs into the kitchen.)
Mommy: Are you okay, buddy?
Alex: Yeah, um, I -- I don't have a concussion.
(Mommy laughs.)
Alex: Daddy said that. Daddy said that to me.
(Alex runs back to Daddy.)
Alex: She laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment