Thursday, January 7, 2010

And the spaghetti, was chuddy, chuh-cheddy, puh-peddy, nuh-needy, ah-cheddy, is froo


(Daddy’s hair is wet.)
Claire: Uh hair.
Alex: Look at it – what – what is it – what’s your hair now?


(Claire is playing with a monkey and a box.)

Claire: Sit. Box.
Claire: Nigh-nigh.

Claire: Uh monk. Sit.

Claire: Daddy! Daddy!
Daddy: Yeah?
Claire: Uh monk. Uh sit.


Alex: Daddy! Daddy? Daddy can you snuggle up my baby? I don't how.


(Claire is playing with the toy kitchen.)
Claire: Daddy!
Daddy: Yes, Claire.
Claire: Uh duh-nuh. [dinner]

Alex: Claire, did you move the kitchen for me? Let's move it really far. Let's push it back.
(Alex pushes it back against the wall.)
Alex: Thank you.

Alex (trying to close the toy microwave door, while Claire is trying to open it): No, lemme, lemme, lemme cook it!
Alex (holding the door closed): Derr derr derr…
Alex: Okay now you can open it.
(Claire opens it.)
Alex: Dinner for everyone! Dinner!

Alex: No Claire!
Alex (whining): Claire's taking something off the plate.
Daddy: Maybe she wanted to give something to Mommy.
(Pause.)
Alex: Okay. I'll just go.

Alex: (mumble) Claire's making dinner for everyone, but (mumble) you be careful.
Daddy: Okay.

Alex: Claire, it's time for me to have a nap. Can you get my things out of the stroller so I can have a nap?
Alex: Claire, can you take my shoes off so I can get in there? Please. It's time for me to nap.

Alex: What's that?
Mommy: Broccoli.
Alex: I like broccoli.


Alex: Claire took that paper book. Claire took that paper book.
Daddy: Alex. How many books did you have?
Alex: Three.
Daddy: Three?
Alex: Three.
Daddy: You had three books.
Daddy: Claire, did Alex have that book first?


Daddy: Alex, if you had a hundred dollars, and you gave me sixty-three dollars, how many dollars would you have left?
Alex: Um, fih dollars for Mommy.
Daddy: How many dollars?
Alex: Three.
Daddy: And you would give them to Mommy?
Alex: And then I would give some to Grommie and (mumble) eat them.

Alex: If I have too many dollars, what dollars would you have, Daddy?
Daddy: What?
Alex: Um, when I was having lot of dollars, that was um, would you have two dollars?
Daddy: Um… I would have three dollars.
Alex: Oh. And I would have all the dollars out the baggit, and (mumble mumble), and I will give you vitamins, Mommy.
Mommy: Thank you.


Alex: Why is this blueberry red?


Daddy: Alex, if your blueberry is red, what do you call it?
Alex: Blueberry.
(Daddy laughs.)
Daddy: You're smart.


Alex: Can you sing the blueberry song?
(Daddy sings a song about blueberries.)
Alex: Sing the tomato song.
(Daddy sings a song about tomatoes.)
Alex: Sing the rest.
Daddy: That was all of it.
Alex: Can you sing the spaghetti song? Sing it. Sing the spaghetti song.
(Daddy sings a song about spaghetti.)
Alex: Sing the broccoli song.
(Daddy begins to sing a song about broccoli, and then Alex interrupts with his own song.)
Alex (singing): And peanuts flew in the air, and it land on the broccoli, and so's the spaghetti, duh cay, duh preddy
Alex (singing): And the spaghetti, was chuddy, chuh-cheddy, puh-peddy, nuh-needy, ah-cheddy, is froo
(Alex smiles.)
Claire (singing): Daddy, pagetty, getty
Alex: Claire's singing it too!
Daddy: Yeah!


Alex: I want more, Daddy. I want more I want more I want more I want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment