Sunday, January 3, 2010

Up on – by the door! By the door, the – Claire!


Alex (to Daddy): Are you all the way out of bed?


Alex: On the new Curious George, the big Curious George was eating the little Curious George, and he got stuck in his mouth.


(While putting on his shirt, Daddy accidentally smashed his hand into the thermostat, breaking the cover off of it.)
Alex: That thing was broke, Claire.
Daddy: Yeah, because Daddy’s like a bull in a china shop.
Alex: Yeah, you’re a china shop.


(Mommy is putting Alex's shoes on him.)
Claire: Mama? Mama!
Mommy: Yes, Claire.
Claire: Shoes! Socks!
Claire: Socks! Socks! Socks! Socks!
Mommy: I already got him some socks, Claire, I just went to get him his shoes.
Claire: Oh.


(lunch time)

Alex (to Daddy): But you’re a big ceiling. You fly up in the sky and bump your head.
Daddy: Okay, I’m a big ceiling.
Alex: And you’re a snowman, Mommy.

Alex: Claire’s bothering me, Daddy.

Alex: Tell me to eat the whole – the whole grape, Daddy.
Daddy: Eat the whole grape.

(Claire is playing in the toy food cabinet.)

Alex: Claire, may you give some food to me? May I have some cookies?
(Claire gives an empty cookie box to Alex.)
Alex: Thank you. Claire gave me some cookies.

Alex: Claire, may you give some green beans to me so I can give some green beans to Daddy?

Alex: Get those green beans behind you, Claire! I mean those.
Alex: Claire’s not, she’s not – she doesn’t understand where they are.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Claire, right – right behind you!
Alex: Up on – by the door! By the door, the – Claire!


(after lunch)

Alex: This is different cookies. This is a cookie peach.
Daddy: It’s a cookie peach?
Alex: Yeah. You eat it.

Alex: Daddy, you want to eat the whole cookies out of this bucket?
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: This is a bucket.
Daddy: Thank you.
Alex: You take the whole bucket and eat it.


Alex (singing): Furnace furnace furnace, jingle all purnace
Alex: Sing the furnace song.


(Alex knocks over a picture frame.)
Alex: Daddy, I’m so sorry. I wasn't tryin’ to knock down that.
Daddy: It’s okay.
Alex: Then I hurt my hand.
Daddy: Oh no. Is it okay?
Alex: Yeah. It’s a little red right there.


(Mommy bumps into Alex by accident.)
Mommy: Oh, I'm sorry, Honey.
Alex: Thank you.


Daddy: Do you exercise, Alex?
Alex: I don't have any exercise. I didn't get exercise for Christmas. I didn't get any exercise for Christmas.


Alex (talking to the star pillow): Hey star. Are you feeling better?


Alex: Is this my card?
Daddy: Um, I don’t know. Yeah, you can play with it.
Alex: This is my card, Claire.
Claire: My. Card.
Alex: No it’s my card.
Claire: My. Card!
Alex: No, my card.


Alex: Daddy, I want you to go to Wal-Mart, and I will go to a chocolate, new, party, okay?


(dinner time)

(Daddy sings something about cucumbers.)
Alex: Is that the cucumber song?

Alex: Can you sing about the green bean song?

(Alex sings a mostly gibberish song.)
Alex: That’s the song about the computer was broken. I singed it.


Alex: I’m gonna vacuum with my car now. You wanna hear it?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Alex: That room is not vacuumed, so I didn’t vacuum yet. I vacuumed this floor, and I’ll vacuum that for next time!
Daddy: Okay.


Alex: Ah, what’s that? Is it pudding? Can I have some?
Mommy: Yeah I’m gonna get some for you and Claire.
Alex (jumping up and down): We’re having pudding, Daddy!!


Alex: May I have more pudding and vawiwa?
Daddy: No, no more pudding.
Alex: How bout some va – ba – wah – what is it?
Daddy: Vanilla.
Alex: Vanilla. May I have some banilla?

Claire (eating pudding in a little pie crust): Daddy? Daddy? Daddy?
Daddy: Yes, Claire.
Claire: Pie!


(Daddy chases Alex up the stairs.)
Alex: Don’t be a monster today, Daddy, be a fish today. You’re a glub glub.


(Alex is brushing his teeth.)
Daddy: Don’t bite it Alex, you need to brush.
Alex (accidentally misspeaks): Because of my muffin?
(Alex cracks up.)
Alex (intentionally misspeaks): Because of my muffin?
(Alex cracks up.)
Alex: Because of my, uh, muscles?
Daddy: Yeah, because of your muscles.


Daddy: Alex, it’s time to read your book.
Alex: Backyardigans?
Daddy: Backyardigans.
Alex: I wanna get snuggled up in this chair.
Daddy: Okay, I’ll get the blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment