Saturday, January 9, 2010

Carrots are really big, but they're a little bit little. But pizza's some really, some, little big.


(playing downstairs)

Alex: Is that coffee?
Daddy: Yeah, from my coffee maker that you got me for my birthday!
Alex: You're welcome.

Alex: We got that coffee maker for your birthday and we got that cup for your Christmas, Daddy.
Daddy: Yeah! We did!

Alex: Did I lost my bottle? Did I lost it?
Alex: Maybe let's go find it and let's see if it turns up.

Claire (pushing her baby in her stroller): Walk. Baby.

(Claire sees the picture of herself on Daddy's mug.)
Claire (pointing): Claire! Claire!

(Alex runs while pushing his stroller.)
Alex: I went fast, Daddy!
Daddy: You sure did!
Claire: Uh fast!
(Claire runs while pushing her stroller.)

Alex: I went fast, Daddy. I went really fast down the road.

(Alex knocks over a big box of toys. They go everywhere.)
(Alex stares at them for a minute.)
Alex: Claire, may you pick that up?
(Claire does.)


(Alex and Claire are helping to put groceries away.)

Alex: What’s this?
Daddy: Lettuce.
Alex: I like lettuce.
Daddy: Good, me too.
Alex: But sometimes I don't like it.

Alex: I like little beans, but sometimes I don't like it.

Claire: Chips!

Alex: Oh, I like corn a little bit.

Alex: I don't like this.

Alex: I like tomatoes.

Alex: I like pasta, Claire.


Alex: Let's dance some more, Claire.


Alex: I'm getting bigger so I can be a Daddy one day.


Alex: I'll be a monster, and you be a turtle.
Daddy: Okay.
(Daddy curls up like a turtle on the floor.)
Alex: Crawl!
(Daddy crawls.)
Alex: That's not a turtle! It's like this!
(Alex demonstrates.)


Alex (out of the blue): I not gonna take anything from anyone because I'm nice now.


(Daddy is picking up toys.)
Claire: Uh help.


Daddy: What are you guys looking at?
Alex: I'm looking out the window with Claire.


(dinner time)

Mommy: This is yummy.
Alex: Yeah, it's delicious!

Alex: Carrots are really big, but they're a little bit little. But pizza's some really, some, little big.

Alex: What’s that?
Daddy: It's honey ginger teriyaki grilling sauce. Can you say that?
Alex: I can't say that. That's a hard word.

Alex: Daddy, we have to get ready for Science Kid’s big party!
Daddy: Oh, well we better go to Science Kid's big party.
Alex: We're having cake for dinner.
Daddy: Oh!
Alex: And after dinner, we will have a big pile of toys from Santa!
Daddy: Wow!
Alex: It’s ducklings, and some swans, and water, and some chicken!
Daddy: Wow.
Alex: And some boys, and, a shelf!
Daddy: A what?
Alex: A shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment