Saturday, November 28, 2009

“Mary Muffins”, can we go watch that show? Sorry. I didn't know that word.


Alex: Can we set up our little tree?


Alex: Christmas is almost coming.


Alex (to Daddy, pointing to the railing with a garland on it): Don't hold onto that rail: there's prickly things on it.


Alex: I have my purple water right now, I don't need my red water.


Alex: My runny nose is still runny.


Daddy (showing a picture of Santa Claus to Claire): Who’s that?
Claire: Dass Sanna.


(Alex is cross and does not want Mommy to blow bubbles for Claire.)
Alex: No bubbles! Put the bubbles away!
Alex: Don't! Don’t! Don’t!
Alex: No!
Alex: Please put them away, please?
Alex: Please?!


Claire: Goaliegoaliegoalie.


Claire: Guhgogogogo.


Claire: Uh dyni. Uh dyni. Uh dyni. Uh dyni. Uh dyni. Uh dyni.
Daddy: Is she saying “dinosaur”?
Mommy: I think she's trying to. What's that, Claire?
Claire: A dyni.
Mommy: That’s right!


Purple Dinosaur: Hi dinosaur.
Green Dinosaur: Hi dyni.
Alex: I wish I could fly like a bird. I wish I could be a flying dragon.


Alex: When I have a runny nose it always hurts.


Alex: Can we watch the new show? Mary? It’s called “Mary”.
Mommy: It’s called “Mary Poppins”.
Alex: “Mary Muffins”, can we go watch that show? Sorry. I didn't know that word.


Alex: My runny nose has a runny nose.


Alex: Next time after the first nap, can I watch “Prairie Muffins”, and then I look at houses.


(The following are excerpts of Daddy’s reading of ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas.)

Daddy: A wink of his eye and a twist of his head
Daddy: Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.
Alex: Where’s the dread?

Daddy: He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
Daddy: And filled all the stockings, then turned with a jerk.
Alex: Where’s the jerk?

Daddy: And laying his finger aside of his nose,
Daddy: And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose!
Alex: Where's the rose?


No comments:

Post a Comment