Thursday, November 19, 2009

Can you talk about there was a monkey in your shoe and he ate pasta?


Alex: Because I wore my boots today, because I got them dirty, and Mommy has to clean them.


Alex (referring to the coffee table): This is from the dining. This is from the dining. The dining's on the f -- on the fud floor.


(breakfast time)

(Alex wants a straw.)
Alex: I need a pencil to drink.

(Claire is playing with the remote.)
Alex: I wanna turn the TV off!
(Claire gives the remote to Alex.)

Alex: I made a turtle outta my t-- outta my waffle.

Alex’s waffle: Hi! I'm a turtle.


Alex: I put my dinosaur on the counter so Grommie doesn’t mess my dinosaur up.
Daddy: Okay, good.
Alex: But Claire’s dinosaur is on the floor. Can you put it on the counter, Claire?


Alex: Gobble gobble! Gobble gobble! I’m a turkey! Gobble gobble! Gobble gobble! I'm a tuuurkeeey!


(dinner time)

(Daddy opens a pot on the stove.)
Alex: Ah! Look at that. It went all the way to the ceiling. What is that?
Daddy: That's steam.
Alex: Where did it go?
Daddy: It went into the air.
Alex: Where's the air?
Daddy: It’s everywhere. It’s all around us. You can't see air, but it’s all around us.
Alex: Where could it be?

Daddy: Zing!
Claire: Zing!

Alex (to Daddy): What else was in your shoe today?

Daddy: Claire, if you had five apples, and you gave me three apples, how many apples would I have?
Alex: Two!
Daddy: That’s right.
Daddy: Alex, if you had six apples and you gave me three apples, how many would I have? Alex: Three.
Daddy: That’s right.

Daddy: Alex, are you a taco shell?
(Alex shakes his head.)
Daddy: Are you a flightless bird?
(Alex shakes his head.)
Daddy: What are you?
Alex: A chucklehead.

Alex: Can I have more honey mustard, please?

Alex: Can you talk about there was a monkey in your shoe and he ate pasta?

Alex: Can you say there was a chicken in your shoe and he had juice and water and milk and pasta?


Daddy: Alex, who’s my favorite boy?
Alex: Alex!
Daddy: That’s right.
(Pause.)
Alex (giving Daddy a hug): I love you too!


Alex: Can you talk about the giraffe and the elephant and they will eat food, juice, apple juice, and milk and water, okay?


(Alex and Claire are playing in Alex’s bed.)
Alex: Daddy, I need a baby. Can you get me a baby?
Daddy: I need a baby too. Where can I get a baby?
(Claire gets out of bed, gets Alex’s baby, and gives it to him.)
Alex: Claire got me a baby! Claire bear!


Daddy: C’mon Alex, let's go use potty.
Alex: No, I don't wanna do it.
Claire: Me!
Claire (running to the bathroom): Me me me me me me!
Daddy: Okay Claire, you can do it.
Alex: I wanna do it!


Alex: Let's see if Wyatt is there, or Ian is happy or if he's being mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment