Saturday, November 14, 2009

And Marcie said. To herself!


Alex: Who's coming to my house today?


Alex: After Halloween, I was trying to get sleepy.
Daddy: Oh yeah? Did you?
Alex: Yeah. But when Mommy goes for a run I always get sleepy.


Alex: What do you say, Daddy?
Daddy: What did I say?
Alex: What do you say?
Daddy: What do I say?
Alex: Yeah.
Daddy: I don’t know, I don't say anything.
Alex: You said something.
Daddy: Oh I don’t know what I said.


Alex: The man’s gonna fix our ceiling because there's a big hole up there.


Alex: Next time at circle time, I talked about vegetables.
Daddy: Oh yeah? What did you say?
Alex: Carrot, and a pea.
Daddy: Oh! What else?
(Alex says something with his mouth full.)
Alex: Strawberry is a fruit.
Daddy: Yeah. What else is a fruit?
Alex: I don’t know.
Daddy: What other vegetables are there? What else is a vegetable?
Alex: Green bean.
Daddy: That’s right. Any others?
Alex: I don’t know.


Alex: I fell in the giraffe.


Alex (to Mommy): Can I clean up with you?


(The following remarks were made during Mommy’s reading of A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.)
Alex: I put the football um... on the outside and the book right there.
Alex: For the second one?
Alex: Is that a sticker? Is that a sticker?
Mommy: “Amen,” Peppermint Patty said.
Alex: And Marcie said. To herself!
Alex: Where’s the - where's the Frisbee?
Alex: That's just goss, Mommy.
Alex: Um, is Charlie Brown gonna say something?
Alex: Are you gonna say something?
Alex: Um, I wanna s - I want him to talk about all the stickers.
Alex and Mommy (singing): Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother’s house we go
Alex: Are - are these dinners?
Alex: Can you put them up there?
Mommy: “With a turkey dinner...”
Alex: “... And all the trimmings.”
Alex and Mommy (in unison): Happy Thanksgiving.


Alex: I don't want my trains over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment