Friday, November 6, 2009

And who starts with 6? Mommy starts with 6.


(Daddy is wearing new running shoes.)
Alex: Are you wearing Mommy’s shoes?


Alex: Backyardigans are still here.
Mommy: Backyardigans are still here?
Alex: Yeah.
Mommy: Which ones are here?
Alex: Back – um Pablo, Tyrone, Awnus, and Tasha.


Mommy: Tell Daddy what you asked me. Show that to Daddy and tell him what you asked me.
(Alex has a picture of a woman wearing a big straw hat. Her face is not visible.)
Alex: That’s Grandma.
Daddy: Oh yeah?
Mommy: He asked me if that’s Grandma. Isn’t that cute?


(Alex is playing with the letters on the refrigerator, moving one letter at a time.)
Alex: H for Daddy.
Alex: 7 for Mommy.
Alex: V is for Mommy.
Alex: P is for Grommie.
Alex (moving the U): W is for… Grandpa.
Alex: Alex starts with C.
Alex: Alex starts with a A.
Alex: I starts with T.
Alex: I starts with I, um, Mommy and Daddy starts with I.
Alex: And, Daddy starts with I, and what’s this?
Alex: What’s this, Mommy?
Mommy: It’s a J. Juh, Juh. J.
Alex: J. Grandma starts with J.
Alex: Alex starts with X.
Alex: I start with 2, and 3.
Alex: And someone starts with O.
Alex: Grandma starts with O.
Alex: And who starts with S? Alex?
Alex: And who starts with 6? Mommy starts with 6.
Alex: Mommy starts with 4.
Alex: Mommy and Alex starts with Y.
Alex: Now these letters.
Alex: This... um... Daddy starts with G.
Alex: And Mommy starts with G.
Alex: And... Brady starts with F.
Alex: And Ian starts with K.
Alex (moving a Q): And, um, Alex starts with quail.
Alex: Alex starts with R.
Alex: Oh! I start with A.
Alex: And - and - um, Daddy starts with – Daddy starts with…
Mommy: Alex, can I get in the refrigerator for a minute?
Alex: Yeah, and, who starts with this – (purfeev?)
Alex: All the letters!


Alex: Roar!
(Mommy laughs.)
Alex: I made you laugh.
Mommy: You did!
Alex: You’re silly, Mommy.
Mommy: You’re silly.


(Alex is putting on pajama top, looking out through the neckhole.)
Alex: I can't get my face through here.

No comments:

Post a Comment