Monday, November 2, 2009

I do pants. I don't do shirt.


(Alex is in bed waiting to be gotten up.)

Alex: I can't get out of bed by myself. I can't go downstairs. If I can't fly, if I'm not a bird, if I'm a bird I don't have any wings.

Daddy: Do you wanna help me wake up Claire or do you wanna stay here and play?
Alex: I want you to stay in here and look at me play.


(Daddy is using the potty.)
Alex: Are you making some pee-pee?
Daddy: Yeah, I’m making a little pee-pee.
Alex: I wanna see.
(Alex looks.)
Alex: You’re a big boy, Daddy.


Alex: Wha – wha do you walk in in a door?
Daddy: I don’t know, what do you walk in in a door?
Alex: You walk in the front door and the garage door of the house. Those are some doors.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: And you walk inside them and – and it has a door on the house. That’s where you walk.

Daddy: What do you look out at out a window?
Alex: A bird.
Daddy: A bird.


Alex: I put my water on the table so it couldn't fall down.


Alex: I wanna do Halloween again.
Daddy: I bet you do.


Alex: Can I - I don't like this one. Can I do a different one?
Daddy: Yes, you can do a different one.
Alex (doing the same one): Oh - I like this one.


Daddy: I didn't have a very good day.
Alex: You didn't? Um – um I – um – can I have another sticker? Can I have two stickers?


Alex: Can I not play house? Can I play house next time?


Alex: Uh-oh, Bobo’s on my head!


Alex: I do pants. I don't do shirt.


Alex: I got one leg in the other hole. And I got the same leg in the other hole.
Daddy: Oh, good job! That's really good.


Alex (talking to himself in bed): Next time I came out of my bed then I went in the (mumble) and then I drank some water and then I came in my room and then I got back in my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment