Thursday, November 5, 2009

Good job, Alex.


(Alex is looking at the stickers on his shirt, which are: Charlie Brown, a chair, and a toaster.)
Alex (in a shrieky singsong voice): There's Charlie Brown sittin' in a chair! There he is! He's sittin' in a chair! He's makin' toast! With butter on it!


Alex: There's a letter on the TV.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: And a sign… And the moon… And stars… And some houses… And trees.


(dinner time)

Daddy: Can you say “eye”?
(Claire points to her eye.)
(Alex laughs.)
Alex: That's a hard word, Claire.

Alex (to Claire): You're too little for that chair. It's for big kids.

Alex (to Daddy): Can I have a napkin? Can you rip yours, and you can have a different napkin?

Daddy: I went to work today.
Alex: I didn't hear your car.
Daddy: You didn’t?
Alex: I guess you’re still at work.
Daddy: I'm still at work?
Alex: Yeah. And then I was hearing your car coming home.
Daddy: Yeah?
Alex: And then I saw you inside.

Alex: Mommy and Daddy can eat some big peaches. You can eat big peaches, Mommy and Daddy.

Daddy: Do you know what your last name is?
Alex: Thomas!
Daddy: What's your last name?
Alex: Thomas!
Daddy: What's your middle name?
Alex: Koo-koo.

Alex: Grommie was tryin’ to pretend to lick my spoon.
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: He was pretending.

Daddy: Do you play with Reese?
Alex: I don't like Reese.
Daddy: Do you play with Yana?
Alex: Yeah.
Daddy: Do you play with Everett?
Alex: Yeah.
Daddy: Do you play with Charlie Brown?
Alex: No. He’s on TV.

Daddy: Do you play with Charlie Brown?
Alex: No... Yeah!
Daddy: What do you do?
Alex: We run around. I run around at school with Ian.
Daddy: With Ian?
Alex: Yeah. I was closer, and I didn’t have a car. Then I found a bike to play with!
Daddy: Oh!
Alex: Then I was done with it. And then it was my turn.


(Alex finishes brushing his teeth.)
Alex: Good job, Alex!
(Daddy laughs.)
Alex: Tyrone said that.


Alex: I do pants.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: You do shirt.


Alex: Elmo, do you know where my hole is?
Alex: My foot. My foots go in holes.
(Alex laughs.)
Alex: Pablo’s laughing.


Alex: I want all my babies.


Alex: C’mon bear. I'm gonna take care of you. Right here in my bed.


Alex: Is it you climbing on me?
Bear: Yeah, it’s me.
Alex: Oh bear, you (mumble). Bear.


(Daddy is leaving Alex’s room at bedtime.)
Alex: Um, Daddy? I want you to be careful, okay? And not slip.

(Daddy opens Mommy and Daddy’s bedroom door. Alex is watching from bed.)
Alex: Oh he opened it.
(Daddy turns off Mommy and Daddy’s bedroom light.)
Alex: Oh it’s off.
(Daddy turns the light back on.)
Alex: Oh it’s on.
(Daddy turns the light back off.)
Alex: Oh it’s off.
(Daddy leaves his bedroom and goes downstairs.)
Alex: Oh he came out. It’s Daddy. There he is. ‘Cept for Mommy. Oh why did he go downstairs?

No comments:

Post a Comment