Friday, November 27, 2009

Is the tiger gonna eat my Elly?


(preparing to go to the zoo)

Alex: Can I take my water to see the big tiger?
Claire: Roar!
Alex: Can you say “roar”, Claire?
Claire (speaking to the picture of a tiger in the zoo brochure): Rooaaarrrr!

Alex: Are we going yet?

Alex: Daddy, can I take my Elly to the other animal zoo?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Is the tiger gonna eat my Elly?
Daddy: No. The tiger won’t eat your Elly.
Alex: Thank you, Daddy.

Alex: Is the tiger gonna eat my tissue too?
Daddy: No.
Alex: He's not gonna eat anything that I'm holding?
Daddy: No.
Alex (to Mommy): Mommy, Daddy said the tiger’s not gonna eat my toys.


(in the car on the way to the zoo)

Alex: Cows!

Alex (with his doodle pad): You know what I'm gonna draw today? A circle!

Alex (talking about the zoo): I wanna see a frog too.
Daddy: You think they have frogs?
Alex: Let's see if they have frogs.

Alex: I see a field!!


(at the zoo)

Daddy: All right, let's look at some more animals.
Alex: I’m looking at trees!

Claire (upon seeing a monkey): Ah ah ah ah.

Alex (by the giraffe exhibit, worried): I'm gonna fall down in there.

Claire (upon seeing a monkey on the carousel): Ah ah ah ah.

Alex (asking Mommy about what diaper he’s wearing today): Is it Elmo?
Mommy: Yeah, it’s Elmo.
Alex: I think it’s a elephant.
Mommy: That’s right, you got an elephant diaper.
Alex: Sesame Street is not on my bottom.

Alex: Is it still on?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: That thing over there, what turns?
Daddy: Yeah, it’s called a carousel.


(In the car, Daddy is looking at zoo pictures on his camera.)
Alex: Are you looking at what we did at the jungle?


(Mommy is setting out the Christmas decorations, and Alex finds a dog with a Santa hat on.)
Alex: It’s Christmas Dog! It’s Christmas Dog!
(Alex makes Christmas dog fly around.)
Alex: Christmas Dog is coming! Christmas dooooooog!


(Grommie licks Alex’s face.)
Alex: He licked my face!
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: That makes me happy.
Daddy: Aw, good.


Alex: Have a good day, Daddy! Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment