Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I say “Wake up Claire and come and close my door,” can you say that?


(Alex lets out a big yawn.)
Alex: I'm tired.
Daddy: Yeah, me too.


Claire: Aw Ah-wo.
Claire: Aw Ah-wo.
Claire: Aw Ah-wo.
Claire: Aw Ah-wo.
Alex: Okay. Go get little Elmo.
(Claire runs out of the room.)
Alex: Claire knows how to say “Elmo”.
Daddy: Yeah!
Alex: I'm gonna show her how to say “Grover”.
(Alex runs out of the room.)


Alex: I'm pretending to make a pie. A punkin pie.


Claire: Aw hat.
(Daddy gets Claire’s jacket.)
Claire: Jack.
(Daddy puts Claire’s jacket on her.)
Claire: Hat.


Alex: For a long time I'm gonna get a party in a minute, and then I'm gonna get ‘Giving in a minute. For a long time.


Alex: I'm a monster. Can I say “roar” and you say “aaah”?
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Roar!
Daddy: Aaah!


Alex (to Daddy): Can you be a horse and I ride on you?
Alex: Can you be a horse? Be it!


Claire: Ah-wah. Hat.


Daddy: Alex, did you sleep at nap today?
Alex: No.
Daddy: What did you do?
Alex; I was sitting up talking about what Mommy was doing.
Daddy: What was Mommy doing?
Alex: She was downstairs doing school.
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: Then I went potty and Mommy did not come upstairs and next time I went potty Mommy came upstairs and I told Mommy I can't fix the rug, and then I went potty and then I went back to sleep, and then I was playing with my trains, then I was not playing with my trains, but when I didn't play with my trains, then I was playing with my trains.


Alex: ... And then, after nap, Mommy said, Percy’s not gonna stay on. And I was not gonna cry.


(brushing teeth)
Alex: Next time I didn't how to brush.
Daddy: You didn't how to brush?
Alex: And next time, I went to the dentist, and the dentist help me – help me – the dentist showed me how to brush.


(bed time)

Alex: What do you wanna do after nap?
Daddy: Well, tomorrow’s Wednesday.
Alex: No school today?

Daddy: Do you wanna tell me anything?
Alex: Play trains, play in the backyard and play in the playroom.
Daddy: Play trains, play in the backyard and play in the playroom, okay?
Alex: Can you say “play cards”?
Daddy: Play cards.
Alex: No, I said play in the backyard.
Daddy: Play in the backyard.
Alex: Play trains.
Daddy: Play trains.
Alex: Wake up Claire and come and close my door.
Daddy: Wake up Claire and come and close my door.
Alex: I say “Wake up Claire and come and close my door,” can you say that?
Daddy: Wake up Claire and come and close my door, okay?
Alex: Now give me a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment