Wednesday, August 5, 2009

You didn't do it. I did it.


(playing in the playroom)

Alex: Grover’s stuck in the cave!

Daddy: I wanted to play.
Alex: You’re not gonna play, Daddy.
Daddy: Okay. Claire, can I play with you?
Alex (upset): Play with me!

Alex: I hurt my leg, Daddy.
Daddy: I'm sorry.
Alex: You didn’t do it. I did it.

Daddy: Claire, can you say “Alex”?
(Claire walks across the room and taps Alex on the shoulder.)
Claire: Alex.


Alex: You have to get out of my way, Mommy.


(Alex is playing with magnetic letters on the refrigerator.)
Alex: This says Enderina, Daddy. This says Enderina. This says Alex. This says Eshaan. This says Maggie. And… W… and… W… and… C… and… and… H! And… Y… and… 8. Look at all these letters!


(brushing teeth)

Daddy: Can we turn this off? We’re wasting water.
Alex: Wyatt wastes water.

Alex: Mommy’s gonna take me to the dentist, and the dentist gonna show me how to brush.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Then I will come back, and see you.
Daddy: Okay.


(Alex is playing house.)
Alex: Is it night time?!
Alex: Yes it is.
Alex: Daddy’s gonna go potty. He's poopy.
Alex: He's gonna go potty.
Alex: The baby’s gonna go night night.
Alex: Daddy’s done.

No comments:

Post a Comment