Thursday, August 6, 2009

She's walking. Just like people walk.


Alex: I was gonna play with my trains. You have to wait for me to be done.
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: Can you wait for me?
Daddy: Okay, I'll wait for you.


Alex: Daddy, we can't go to the playground. It's raining.


Alex: I'm going to school. Claire's gonna stay home. She will miss me. She will cry.
Daddy: Yeah.


(Claire is walking.)
Alex: She's walking. Just like people walk.


Alex: Mommy forgot to buckle me in. I'm gonna tell Daddy.


Alex: I'm poopy. I can't eat with a poopy diaper.


Alex: I can’t talk with sauce on my face.
Daddy: You can’t?
Alex: Yeah ‘cause I eat it on my chicken nuggets. Now I getting down.


Alex: Mommy, can you say you’re gonna get me?
(Pause.)
Alex: Mommy, can you say you’re gonna get me?
(Pause.)
Alex (in a cute voice): Mommy, can you say you’re gonna get me?
(Pause.)
Alex (in a very annoyed voice): Mommy, can you say you’re gonna get me?


Mommy: Okay, put the trains in the basket that are going upstairs.
Alex (picking out trains): Um, James, Thomas, Rosie, and… Thomas’s birthday coach.


(playing house)
The Daddy: I'm going to work.
The Mommy: Okay. Bye bye.
The Daddy: Bye. I'm gonna give you a kiss and a hug. (giving a hug) Mmmmmm.
The Daddy: You give me a kiss and a hug.
The Mommy: Okay.
(The Mommy gives The Daddy a kiss.)
The Daddy: And a hug.
The Mommy: Okay.
(The Mommy gives the Daddy a hug.)
The Daddy: I’ll see you later.
The Mommy: Okay.
The Daddy: You have a birthday when I come back to your birthday party, okay?
The Mommy: Okay.


Alex: After I go potty, I'm gonna wash hands, and brush teeth, and play with Claire, and then I will play house.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: And you won't come in and talk to me.
Daddy: Okay.


Alex: Mommy’s gonna take me to the dentist and the dentist will show me how to brush.


Alex (playing with the latch on the door): What does this do? What does this do?
Daddy: Um, that doesn’t do anything.
Alex: Mommy told me this keeps the door closed. Can you say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment