Saturday, August 8, 2009

Is that funny?


Alex: Daddy.
Daddy: Hi!
Alex: Make my breakfast.


Alex: I cleaned up the floor so Mommy can clean. I cleaned up all the toys.


Daddy: Who's gonna be at the bookstore?
Alex: Annie and Natasha.
Daddy: That’s right.
Alex: Annie’s at Pop’s work too.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Pop’s not gonna be at the bookstore. He's at work.
Daddy: That's right.
Alex: With Uncle Doug and Annie.


(Alex tries to push the buttons on the ceiling of the car.)
Daddy: You can reach those later when you’re big and strong.
Alex: I did push one.
Daddy: Wow! You’re getting bigger!
Alex: And I will push the other ones later. When I get bigger and bigger and bigger and strong. And I will get bigger and bigger.


Alex: You’re gonna get a haircut at the barber, okay?


Alex: Mama’s running, Claire. She’s taking a run. She’s taking a run, Claire. Mommy’s taking a run. She’s taking a run.


Claire: Sh. Sh. Sh.
(Claire laughs.)
Alex: Is that funny?
Claire: Sh.
(Claire laughs.)
Alex: Is that funny?


(Daddy explains the game of golf to Alex.)
Alex: Can I do it?
Daddy: Sure, I’ll show you how one day.
Alex: I wanna do it.
Alex: Can I play golf? Please?


Alex: I’m gonna sit in Daddy’s chair, and I’m gonna wait for Mommy to finish email, okay? I will wait for her. (mumble) And I will hang on to her. And then she gonna say, not “boom boom boom”. But you’re not gonna do that, okay? Okay?
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Okay.


Mommy: Do you want to play with me? I was gonna take you to the playground.
Alex: Playground!


Alex: Daddy I wanna take you to the bookstore. To the grocery store.


Alex: And I’m gonna go to the playground with the big-nic table. And the swings.


(Daddy joins Alex in the family room.)
Alex: You go back in the kitchen, ‘cause I’m working.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: You go back in the kitchen and play with Mommy and Claire. ‘Cause I’m working. I’m working.


Alex: The bag isn’t your birthday party.


(Alex seems sad.)
Daddy: You okay?
Alex: I’m not coughing.


Alex: I want some more toast Daddy. I want some more toast Mommy.
Mommy: Oh. Okay, how do you ask for it?
Alex: Please. You say please and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment