Friday, August 7, 2009

Can you give one Cheerio to people?


Alex: Can - can I have it? Can you give one Cheerio to people?


Daddy: I gave you a big hug, didn't I? That was a big one.
Alex: That was a bear hug.
Alex: Do it again.


(Alex finds a rock.)
Alex: It’s dirty.

Alex: It’s yucky. I think it had mud on it.

Alex: Ew.

Alex: Ew.


(Alex prepares to ask Mommy to play "Mommy’s Gonna Get You.")
Alex: Mom -- I -- Mommy?
Daddy: Can Daddy do it?
Alex: I will say it to Mommy. She will do it.


Daddy: Alex, what would you take on a desert island?
Alex: I would take… Daddy.
Daddy: Yay!
Mommy (sounding sad): What about Mommy?
(Pause.)
Alex: Okay.


(bath time)

Elmo: What are we doing, Cookie?
Cookie Monster: I'm driving the boat.
Elmo: Where are we going?
Cookie Monster: We’re going to the store and see my friend Rhonda and then we're going to the store. The grocery store.


(Alex is playing house and bus.)
Alex: The bus will come when Mommy gets her foot check. When she comes back home.


Mommy: Say night-night to Claire.
Alex: Night-night. I love you.
Mommy: Aw.
Daddy: Night-night.
Claire: Night-night.


(Alex and Daddy are playing house and bus.)

Alex: You play with the daddy.
The Mommy: Daddy, I'm gonna get my foot checked. (Mumble.) I'm gonna give you a hug and a kiss. Okay? Bye.

(Daddy’s shaking the toy Daddy in an attempt to get the water out of it.)
Alex: You don’t shake that. You don’t shake real fast. Mommy doesn’t like that when you shake Daddy.
The Mommy (sad voice): That makes me sad.

The Daddy: Hi Mommy. Can I give you a kiss?
(The Daddy gives the Mommy a kiss.)
The Mommy: Thank you.
The Mommy: I have to go eat. Do you wanna come?
The Daddy: Yeah.
The Mommy: You have to be careful in the field. You can’t knock my table down, okay? I don’t like that.

Alex: Daddy knocked Mommy’s table down.
Alex: And the cat has to help.
Cat: Okay, I will help you.
Cat (moving the table): Ngh… ngh… ngh… ngh… ngh.
Cat: There you go, guys. Now you can eat.


(Alex is in bed.)
Alex: There's no monsters at school. I saw a monster at school. It scared me.
Daddy: Oh no! What was it doing?
Alex: It was roaring at me. And Daddy came in and got me and took me through the door and I got away.

No comments:

Post a Comment