Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dogs don't like elephants.


(Alex and Mommy are looking at photos.)
Alex: That's Alex and Daddy making drip castles.


(playing with Play-Doh)

Alex: I'm making a boy!

Daddy: Where did you go?
Alex: I went and got my Elly.
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: Um - and then I went back in the playroom, and I closed the door.
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: Because I was hot.

Daddy (sighing to himself): Oh, long day long day long day.
Alex: It’s not a long day, Daddy.
Daddy: It’s not?
Alex: It’s not a long day.
Daddy: What is it?
Alex: It’s a pinchrayno.
Daddy: It’s what?
Alex: It’s a pinchrayno. Can - can I make a bear?
Daddy: Yeah, you can make a bear.

Alex: I'm fixing dinner, Daddy.

Alex: I can't make a dog!

Alex: I'm gonna make a bear on the dog.

Alex: It’s a bear! It’s a bear on the dog!


Daddy: Ouch!
Daddy: Alex, you have to be careful, Daddy’s back hurts.
Alex: Because I need to fall on you.
Daddy: No you don’t.
Alex: Because I need to fall on you.
Daddy: No you don’t need to fall on me.
Alex: Because I need to fall on you. Because I need to fall on your back and your hand right there (mumble mumble) because I don’t cry. Because I don’t cry, Daddy.


Daddy: What's going on?
Alex: Nuffings.


(looking at a photo)
Alex: That's from we wear our T-shirts, Daddy.
Daddy: What's that from?
Alex: That's from we wear our T-shirts. (Mumble) Grandpa. Is that Grandpa -- um is that Grandpa -- um is that nice to Grandpa, Daddy? Is that nice, Daddy? Is -- is -– Grandpa -– um…


(dinner time)

Alex (referring to the tartar sauce): I don't like that sauce.

Alex: Daddy, when I cried Mommy tell me I want a blanket, and I didn’t want a blanket, and Mommy went away to sleep with me. And I sleep with me, not my blanket on me, then I cried again to sleep with – sleep with my blanket.

Alex: I'm done with my nuggets, I’m done with my corn, I’m done with my blue babies.
Mommy: Did he say “blue babies”?
Daddy: Yeah.
Mommy: That's cute.
Alex: What -- what are they?
Alex: Raspberries.
Mommy: That's right, Alex.
Alex: I ate all my raspberries, I ate all my strawberries, and I wait for, um, me to get down, and I wait for more strawberries.

Alex: Eat the last strawberry, Claire. Eat the last strawberry!
(Claire eats the last strawberry.)
Alex: There.

Alex: Ah! You spilled some on the counter, Mommy.


(brushing teeth)
Alex: I wanna tell you something I'm gonna go somewhere.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Mommy’s gonna take me to the dentist and the dentist is gonna show me how to brush.
Daddy: Oh, okay.


Alex: Don't close my door, Daddy. Leave it open.


Baby: Driver, can you help me fix the bus?
Driver: Yes. Yes I will.


Alex: When I do songs, when I do kisses, and I love Mommy, and I (mumble), and I will go to sleep. And then I will be scared and someone will come in the window.


Alex: Dogs don't like elephants.


(bed time)

Alex: Can you talk to Elly?
(Mommy talks to Elly.)
Alex: Can you talk to Bobo?
(Mommy talks to Bobo.)
Alex: They didn't -- what you said.
(Mommy talks to Elly and Bobo again.)
Alex: They didn't see what you said.
(Mommy replies to Alex.)
Alex: Can -- can you say them -- they didn't what you said.
(Mommy talks to Elly and Bobo again.)
Alex: Now -– can I sit there, and -– can -- can you talk to me, while I sit here... (Alex rambles on for a bit)
(Mommy replies.)
Alex: Can you talk to them again, they don’t what you said.
(Mommy talks to Elly and Bobo again.)
Alex: Okay. Talk to me.

Alex: Daddy? Can you give me a kiss, Daddy?

No comments:

Post a Comment