Monday, August 3, 2009

What did you do at school today, Claire?


(Daddy walks into Alex’s room to wake him up.)
Alex: I'm playing with trains. You don't wake up boys when they -- they're playing with trains.


Alex: What's that? What's, that Grommie? A Cheerio on the floor. Can you eat it? Eat it.


(playing in the playroom)

Daddy: Alex, what did you today?
Alex: Played with Mommy. And then you came home. And I heard you.
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: And I didn't see your car. And it was in the garage.

Alex: I wanna play with this ball together.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Put that ball down so Claire can play with it.
(Daddy puts the ball down.)
Alex: Stand up. Let's throw it together.

Alex: Catch, Daddy!


(dinner time)
Alex: I made a big tower. And I knocked it down and it was time for dinner and I cried!
Mommy: You cried?
Alex: Daddy said it’s time for dinner.

Alex: Mommy?
Mommy: Yes?
Alex: Sit in your chair and get some dinner.

Alex (to Claire): What did you do at school today, Claire?
Alex (to Claire): Oh dat – play on the playground? Was that fun?
Alex (to Claire): And what’d you do inside?

Alex (to Mommy): What did you do today, Mommy?

Alex: I want to play in the backyard and then go upstairs and take a nap.


Alex: I'm gonna put my rock on the table so I don't lose it in the grass.


Alex: My socks are around here somewhere.


Alex: I will get in the sandbox, and Mommy brush me off.
Daddy: Okay. That sounds like fun.
Alex: And then I will go back to bed.
Daddy: Okay.


(Alex plays in his car in the backyard.)

Alex: I'm going to the dump. I’m going to the dump, Daddy.

Alex: Can you ask me where I'm going, Daddy?
Mommy: Where are you going, Alex?
Alex: I'm going to the dump and then to the playground.


(on the potty)
Alex: I wanna make a big poop with you. Make a big poop. Make a big poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment