Friday, August 21, 2009

Daddy. Daddy. Let’s not do this.


Alex: I have to go Mommy not bump my head.


Alex: Meg, do you want to play with me?


Meg: Okay Alex, I brought the trains.
Alex: Thank you Meg.


Alex: I'm cooking, Mommy.
Mommy: You’re cooking? What are you cooking?
Alex: I’m cooking lunch.

Virginia: Y’all are playing with pans?
Alex: I’m cooking dinner.

Alex (banging on pans): Look, Meg!


Alex: I’m gonna give Claire a hug. Can I take my apples?


Alex: We don’t pee at the beach.


Alex: There’s no sand in the pool. That’s silly. The sand’s in the ocean.


Alex: This house is far away. Meg’s house is close to our house.


Alex: Where’s everybody?


(in the pool)

(Daddy carries Alex into the cold water of the pool.)
Alex: Daddy. Daddy. Let’s not do this.

Alex: Virginia, can you swim with me?

Alex: I don’t wanna get out!


Alex (leaving the beach house): Where’re we going?


(in the car)

Alex: I can’t see Meg’s house.

Alex: Can I see what’s at the beach?

Alex (pointing): I wanna go that way!

Alex: I saw a mixer.

Alex: I see a dump truck.

Alex: Daddy, look at the towers.

Alex: I don’t know what this road is.
Daddy: I don’t know what it is either, it’s called 460.
(Pause.)
Alex: Okay. I don’t know what you said. Can you say again?
Daddy: It’s called 460.
Alex: (with “now I get it” intonation): Ohhhh.

Alex: I heard a train!


(dinner time, at home)
Alex: I wanna go to the beach.

Claire: Uh-oh. Uh-oh. Uh-oh.
Alex: You’re funny, Claire.
Claire: Uh-oh.
Alex: You’re funny!

Alex (to Claire): You need to eat your mac and cheese. And then, eat your peaches.

Alex: Bye-bye, applesauce.

Alex: Uh-oh. Pepper! Pepper. I like the pepper.
Alex (singing): I like the pepper. I like the pepper. I like the pepper.

Alex: I can’t see it.
Daddy: You can’t see what?
Alex: Where’s Mommy?
Daddy: Mommy went to get Grommie.
Alex: Can we go get Grommie too?
Daddy: No Mommy’s gonna bring him back here, so we can see him.
Alex: And then he’s gonna go to the beach.
Daddy: Who’s going to the beach?
Alex: Grommie.

No comments:

Post a Comment