Thursday, August 13, 2009

Oh. I don’t know what that means, Daddy.


Alex (in bed, “singing”): One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fifteen, seventeen, Elmo’s World!


Alex: No playing with that, Claire. No no no.
Claire: No no no.


(lying down for nap time)
Alex: I wanna keep my eyes open.
Daddy: You wanna keep your eyes open for a little while?
Alex: And then I will close them. And then I will go to sleep.


(dinner time)

Alex: What’s that, Daddy?
Daddy: It’s called a spatula.
Alex: Oh. I don’t know what that means, Daddy.

Alex: What’s that -- pizza?
Daddy: Pizza.
Alex: Oh. I like pizza. I like to get messy with pizza.

Alex: Can you get all my broccoli and I will eat it?
Daddy: What do you want me to do to it?
Alex: Can you feed me?


(Alex is babbling nonsense sounds, and Daddy decides to respond in kind.)
Daddy: Ah dih dah doo.
Alex: Don't say ah dih dah doo. Say bizabeh, buh-ah-oo, and then stop.


Alex: What's at the school?
Mommy: I think they're having a race.
Alex: Can I go to that school? ‘Mentary school?


Alex: No, stand up and then, go to the cabinet, and I’ll crash into you.


Alex (opening the window shade): Now it’s not dark.
Alex (closing the window shade): Now it’s dark.
Daddy: It’s dark?
Alex: Yeah, it’s dark. We can’t see if it’s dark.


(playing house)
Alex: Don't hit. Don't push, and not...

The Mommy: I'm home, girl. I’m home, girl.
The Girl: You’re home?
The Mommy: I went to get my haircut. You see it?


(in bed)

Alex: Wuh-oo do after nap?

Alex: I euh bah, euh play trains, un I cuh ah euh, euh euh, euh euh, ah euh door open.

No comments:

Post a Comment