Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Good job making my dinner, Daddy.


Alex: I like school, Daddy. I like school.
Daddy: What?
Alex: I like school.


Alex: Can I play for a few minutes while Daddy gets his keys?


Alex: Daddy, can you (mumble) this is ridiculous?
Daddy: What?
Alex: This is ridiculous.


Alex: Can I have my car and my snack cup? I had the dinosaur snack cup yesterday.


Alex: Daddy, can I get this?
Daddy: What do you wanna do with it?
Alex: Put it in the right place.


Alex: Oh! Someone dropped their tissue on the - the sidewalk.


Mommy: Tell Daddy about the animal store.
Alex: I didn't see any dogs or cats or fish or frogs or birds.


Daddy: Which friends are in your new class?
Alex: Cake, William and Everett.


Alex: Is it my turn?
Daddy: It’s your turn for the washing of the hands.
Alex: It’s my turn to play with the ball.
Daddy: Okay, I’ll wash my hands.
Alex (upset): No it’s my - don't wash your hands!


(dinner time)

Daddy: Claire, if a tree falls in the forest, and there’s no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
(Claire does not respond.)
Daddy: Claire, what would you take on a desert island?
(Claire does not respond.)
Daddy: Claire, if you had two hundred dollars, what would you buy?
(Claire does not respond.)

Alex: What euhhh buy euuhhh?
Daddy: I would buy a new Nintendo Wii.
(Alex smiles.)
Daddy: What would you buy?
Alex: Maybe pasta.

Alex: Euhhh forest, euuhhh tree euhhh sound?
Daddy: That's a good question. Um, I think it does, yes. What do you think?
Alex: Um, a bee.

Alex: Euhhh tree falls uh forest, no one (mumble) hear it, does it make a sound?
Daddy: What do you think?
Alex: No you say it.
Daddy: If a tree falls in the forest, and there's --
Alex: No don't say that a bee.
Daddy: A bee.
(Alex seems satisfied for a moment.)
Alex: No, don't say a bee.

Alex (holding his fork): What's dih your job is this fork. This is your grass.
Daddy: That's my grass?
Alex: It’s your grass. Grass. It’s a really kirk grass. And you hafta be careful. ‘Cause I hafta put it on the table.

Alex: I wanna eat too much Daddy.
Daddy: You wanna eat too much?
Alex: I - I'm gonna eat too much of pasta.

Alex: Bucka! This mohg must be bucka!
Daddy: What's bucka?
Alex (holding his fork): This mug might be bucka!

Daddy: Alex, are you ready to get down?
Alex (rapidly): I want some peaches I want some peaches.
Alex (gradually decelerating, and sort of singing): I want some peaches, I want some peaches, I… want… some… peaches… please? Please?

Alex: Claire! No hitting Grommie. He doesn’t like that. He doesn’t like that. Time out!
Alex (to Daddy): Can you give her timeout for hitting Grommie?

(Daddy is buttering toast for Alex.)
Alex: Good job making my dinner, Daddy.

Alex: When your watch beeps, we will read stories, Daddy.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: When your watch beeps, we will go upstairs.
Daddy: Okay.
(Pause.)
Alex: Beep. Beep. Beep. It’s beeping. We can go upstairs.

Alex: Chill out, Daddy, you’re ridiculous!
Daddy: What?
Alex: I'm ridiculous! You’re ridiculous!
Daddy: What should Daddy do?
Alex: You’re ridiculous! This is ‘diculous!


Alex (running around): Dough! Dough! Dough! Dough!
Daddy: Alex, are you ready for bath?
Alex: Ehh, I was saying “dough” first.
Alex (running around): Dough! Dough! Dough! Dough! Dough! Dough! Dough! Dough!


Alex (pointing to one bathroom light switch): Is this it?
Daddy: Yes.
Alex: This doesn’t make any air.
Daddy: Right.
Alex (pointing to the other light switch): That makes air.


Alex: I want Elmo and Dragon to swim, and Cookie Monster, I want all the toys, and sheep, and pig!

No comments:

Post a Comment