Tuesday, June 16, 2009

You stop it, I wanna be loud again.


Alex: It's time to wake up and go downstairs, Daddy. Night time's over.


(in the car on the way to school)
Alex: I wanna look at things.
Daddy: Okay, let's look at things.
Alex: I see signs.
Daddy: I see trees.
Alex: I see bushes.
Daddy: I see cars.


(playing trains)

Alex: Grommie’s licking the track.
Daddy: What's Grommie doing?
Alex: He's licking the track.
Daddy: Oh, what should Daddy do?
Alex: You have to tell him. Not licking the track.

Alex: ‘Scuse me, Grommie. Claire, ‘scuse me Claire.

Alex: The trains have to go over the bridge and 'cross the mountain.

Alex: Oh no! They went faster and faster and the train flew off the track.

Alex: Robot! Come back robot!

Alex: Go away! You're not a robot.
Robot: I am a robot.
Alex: No. You're Mommy.


(dinner time)

Daddy: Where’d you get that sandwich?
Alex: From dinner.
Alex: Who got me this dinner?
Daddy: I don’t know.
Alex: Mommy did.
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: Thank you, Mommy.
Mommy: You’re welcome.
Alex: Okay. Bye.

Alex: I want some more applesauce.
Daddy (to Mommy): Don't you like it when people ask nicely?
Alex: PLEASE!
Mommy: And not just shouting one word.
Alex: May I have some applesauce please?
Mommy: Oh, what a nice boy.
Alex: You stop it, I wanna be loud again.


(looking at pictures)
Alex: What's Claire doing? There’s Grandma… Grandpa… Claire. Look there’s Grandpa. Alex and Daddy. Claire and Daddy. That’s Grandma.
Mommy: What? That's Claire!


(story time)

Mommy: Beep beep.
Alex: Start start.
Mommy: What does that mean?
Alex: You say it.
Mommy: Start start.
Alex: What does that mean? (laughs)

(looking at Alex’s picture book)
Alex: A bear… Alex… Alex… That’s Alex... That’s Grandma… Alex in the jumparoo. A dog. A dog. Alex and Mommy, and Daddy and Grommie, and they put the tree in the hole... ‘Cause Alex went to the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment