Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's okay, Claire. Don't be scared.


Alex: There's another cookie. Can I eat this cookie?


Alex: Here's your monkey, daddy.

Alex: I listen Daddy, I listen. I listen to Mommy and Daddy.


Alex: I'm not gonna get hurt, Daddy.


(In the car on the way to Costco)

Alex: We’re going to a big big store. I'm not gonna be scared. I’m not gonna be scared, Mommy.

Alex: It’s Father’s Day, Daddy.
Daddy: It is? What do you do on Father’s Day?
Alex: Um, Thursday.

Daddy: Who's your father, Alex?
Alex: Maybe little chicks.
Daddy: Little chicks?
Alex: Yeah.
Daddy: What’s your father’s name?
Alex: I don’t know.
Daddy: Alex, I’m your father.
Alex: Yeah.
Daddy: So what's your father’s name?
Alex: Daddy.


(Inside Costco)

Alex (as we pass the noisy refrigerator): It’s okay, Claire. Don't be scared.

Alex: Look at the big ceiling, Daddy.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: It’s really big.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Look at the big stuff.


(in the backyard)
Daddy: What are you gonna do with that ball, Alex?
Alex: I'm gonna throw it on the deck.
Daddy: Oh, okay.
Alex: Deck, catch!

No comments:

Post a Comment