Thursday, June 4, 2009

You should wake up.


Claire (waving bye-bye): Dah-doh.


Alex: I will – I hurt my bottom yesterday.


Alex (to Mommy, about the garage door): It went up up up.


Daddy: Mommy’s gonna take you to school today.
Alex: Yeah. Not – you not gonna take me to school today.
Daddy: That’s right.
Alex: No. Mommy’s brushing her hair.
Daddy: She’s brushing her hair?
Alex: Yeah. After she’s done.


Alex: I hear water dripping.


(Alex and Claire crawl to Mommy.)
Mommy: My little ducklings.
(Alex goes away.)
Alex: Where’d that duckling go?


(Mommy is leaving for an appointment.)
Mommy: Let’s do kisses.
Alex: And hugs.
Mommy: And hugs.
(Mommy gives Alex a hug.)
Mommy: See you later.
Alex: And Daddy a hug.


Daddy: What did you do today?
Alex: I played in the playroom and I play trains with Claire.


Daddy: I’m tired.
Alex: You not tired.
Daddy: I’m tired.
Alex: No.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: No.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: No.
Daddy: If I’m not tired, what am I?
Alex: You should wake up.


Alex: I wanna go bye-bye.
Daddy: You do? Where do you want to go?
Alex: To the game store, and we can go to the playground.


(dinner time)
Claire: Dah doh! Dah dah dah dah!
Alex: You can’t eat it. You can’t eat – my food.


Alex: Lie on the fofa Daddy. Lie on the fofo!
Alex: And you hide in your blanket.


Alex: Get you head under you head.
Alex: And you hide with -- with your head.
Alex: You – you get your head to hide. Okay Daddy?
Daddy: What?
Alex: Get your head to hide.


Claire: Uh oh! Uh oh!


Alex: The track break, Daddy.
Daddy: Oh no, did Alex break the track?
Alex: Will you fix it Daddy?
Daddy: Well why did you break it?
Alex: Flying Scotsman did it. He did it.


Alex: Look at my ‘tato head!
Daddy: Very nice! I like it!
Alex: He has a mouth, and a nose, and ears, and eyes, and a hat.
Daddy: Very good!
Alex: And eyes!


Alex: I wanna wake you up.


(The following remarks were made during Mommy’s reading of McElligot's Pool. Mommy’s replies are mostly omitted.)

Alex: What's -- what's that man doing?

Alex: Uh, I wanna - uh Mommy? We need – we need to read --
Mommy: Are we reading this story?
Alex: The fish one.
Mommy: This is the fish one.
Alex: No.
Mommy: Okay, you want to get to the fish pages?
Alex: Yeah.
Mommy: Okay.

Alex: What - what he's saying?

Alex: What - what's that?

Alex: What – what – what – what they put this – what they put this whale – what’s the whale doing – what’s that?


No comments:

Post a Comment