Friday, June 5, 2009

Get off the couch.


(the middle of the night)
Alex: I need man. It dropped down out of the bed.


(Alex’s shirt is wet from the rain.)
Alex: Get off rain!
Daddy: Get off rain!
Alex: It did. It get off.


Alex: I can see Nana after school. And I gonna play with her.


Alex: Daddy, you can go to work.
Daddy: Thanks, Alex.
Alex: And Mommy can go to work too.


Alex: You can’t lie on the sidewalk.
Daddy: What? You can’t lie on the sidewalk?
Alex: You can’t lie on the sidewalk. ‘Cause you have to lie on the street.
Daddy: Lie?
Alex: Yeah.


(in the rain)
Alex: My shirt’s getting all wet.


Alex: You can’t lie on the sidewalk ‘cause you have to lie on the street.


(entering school)
Alex: Daddy?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: I gonna be nice to my friends.


(Alex is talking to Daddy on the phone.)
Alex: Hi, Daddy.
Daddy: Hi, Alex. What are you doing?
Alex: I'm playing in the kitchen.
Daddy: You're playing in the kitchen?
Alex: Yeah.
Daddy: Daddy's on the phone.
Alex: Yeah. You gonna come home from work?


Alex: I wanna go with you Daddy.
Daddy: You do? Where do you wanna go?
Alex: I wanna go to the party.


Alex: (mumble) and Brady and Sydney were there.
Daddy: Who?
Alex: Brady and Sydney were there.
Daddy: Yeah. Who else?
Alex: The boys and the girls.


Alex: I had fun at the party.


Alex: I wanna go home and see Mommy.
Daddy: Let's go home and see Mommy. And you can tell her what you did at the party.
Alex: I throwed the pillows and knocked down the cans.


Alex: And Diego and Baby Jaguar and river dolphin. And he's going way faster.


Alex: (mumble) Daisy. We have to see your friends.
Alex: I got a dinosaur.


Alex: Daddy?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Come downstairs and -- and play with me.


Alex: I wanna go in the playroom.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: You wanna come with me?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Get off the couch.


Thomas: I need my friend, Big Thomas.


(Daddy is talking on the phone to Ernie.)
Alex: I wanna say hi to Bert.


(song time)

Alex: I wanna hear buh-buh, bah-bah, oh-oh.
Mommy: You must be really tired.
Alex: Sing oh-oh, bah-bah, eh-eh.
(Mommy sings.)
Alex: Sing the book felled over the house and he went and hide from the big book.
Mommy: What happened?
Alex: The book felled over the house and he went and hide from the big book.
(Mommy sings.)
Mommy: And then what?
Alex: He go back in the door and back downstairs and he go see the big book. And he go to school.
Daddy: What?
Alex: And the mans came.
Daddy: The mans came?
Alex: The mans came and (mumble).
Mommy: Do you want Daddy to sing or Mommy to sing?
Alex: Daddy and Mommy to sing.
Mommy (to Daddy): I started it.
(Daddy sings.)
Mommy: Let’s sing the button song.
Alex: That’s a song!
(Mommy sings.)
Alex: Mommy had to use the potty and she went to sleep. She went to sleep she… went to see Alex.
Mommy: She went to see Alex.
Alex: Yeah. And Claire and Grommie.
(Mommy sings.)
Daddy: Okay, one more song.
Alex: The potty went in the door and he went in the gate.
(Daddy sings.)

Alex: Mommy, I wanna go in the backyard and play in the playroom. What do you wanna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment