Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Unfortunate!


(Alex plays with Gromit.)

Alex: I'm letting Grommie in and out.

Alex (to Grommie, who's drinking from his water bowl): What are you doing? You want a drink? Okay.

Alex (describing his attempt to give a ball to Grommie): And if they don't want anything, they just walk around, and I just walk around too, and wait for my snack. That's what I do.

Alex: He's not eating the ball, he's just biting it in his mouth because he likes it!

Alex: It's still in his mouth! Gromit can drop it now if I ask him. Gromit, you wanna drop it and then I give it back?
(Gromit just sits there with the ball in his mouth.)
Alex: Please. Drop it Grommie. That's what you do. That’s what dogs do. Can you do that?
(Gromit just sits there with the ball in his mouth.)
Mommy: Hey Alex? Say “give”.
Alex: Give.
(Gromit drops the ball.)
Mommy: Good boy, Grommie!
Alex: Good boy, Grommie!


Alex: I wanna eat green beans, and… I like tomato now for snack. I like tomato.
Mommy: Okay.


(snack time)

Alex: Where's Grommie, I thought he was staying with us?

Alex: Daddy, can you get me another cracker please?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: You can get me one because Mommy's not here. I don't see her anywhere here.
(Daddy gives Alex a graham cracker.)
Alex: Thank you for my plain graham cracker.
Daddy: You’re welcome.

Alex: Hey, Mommy’s back.
Mommy: Hey.
Alex: What did you get?
Mommy: I got our music player
Alex: I wanna hear it.
Mommy: You do?
Alex: Yeah.
Alex: What does it say? I wanna hear music.
Mommy: Oh. Well I wanted to tape Alex.

Alex: Daddy got me a graham cracker because I didn't see you here.

Alex: Hey, Daddy?
Daddy: Hey, Alex!
Alex: Claire's um -- I mean Grommie's, um, lying on the floor now.
Daddy: Yeah!


(getting ready for bed)

Alex: Oh, man!
(Pause.)
Alex (to Daddy, shaking his finger): Unfortunate!

Alex (shouting down the stairs): Mommy, I want chocolate and lollipops and cupcakes for -- for my underwear party!

Daddy: Tell Mommy why Claire got a timeout.
Alex: Because she played with the fireplace. She opened it.
Daddy: And why did she open it?
Alex: Because I told her to.

No comments:

Post a Comment