Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Can I watch "Cars" now?


(Alex is watching Wallace and Gromit in “A Grand Day Out”.)
Wallace: No cheese, Gromit!
Alex: They don't have any cheese.
Daddy: Why?
Alex: They ate it all.
Alex: So they had to buy some more at the grocery store at Costco, or at… um… … Ukrop's.
Daddy: Yeah.

(Mommy has a new pair of shoes for Claire.)
Claire: Mommy. Big.
Mommy: Yeah, they might be too big.
Claire: Shoes.
Mommy: You wanna sit on the bench?
Claire: Uh bench. Sit.
Mommy: I think they might be too big.
Claire: Big.
Mommy: We can try them.
Claire: Try.

Claire (pointing at the heart on her shoe): Heart. Heart.
Mommy: You're right! It's a heart!

Alex (still watching Wallace and Gromit): Look. Wallace is drawing a rocket ship! And there's Gromit. And a flower. And another flower (mumble).

Claire (watching Wallace and Gromit): Uh out.
Claire: Uh out.
Claire: Uh out.
Daddy: Uh out.
Claire: Ship.

Claire: Uh out.
Claire: Uh out.
Claire: Uh out.
Alex: Yeah Wallace went outta the rocket ship.
Claire: Mommy? Uh out!
Mommy: Out?
Claire: Ship!
Mommy: Yeah, ship!

Alex: And Wallace forgot his crackers.

Alex: Look, they're gonna fly up!

Alex: Gromit make the um, um, that um rocket ship fly up!
Alex: Look he are flying up -- they're flying up to the moon.
Claire (laughing): Uh dawwwg!
Alex: Look. They're falling.
Alex: What? What's that? What do you think, what's that, Daddy?
Daddy: I think it's the rocket ship.
Alex: I think it was something else, maybe a -- a handle, a, maybe it was a ball, maybe… maybe it's a rocket ship! You’re right!

(On TV, the moon appears in the porthole.)
Wallace (awed): Ohhhhhhh.
Claire (in the same tone): Ohhhhhhhh!

Alex: They flew up to the moon.

Alex: Will that ball come down? Wallace threw a ball and then it won't come down.

Alex: Now they're tryin' to walk on it. And they're goin' to that machine to get cheese.

Alex: Look it -- it turned into a robot. It's a robot.

Alex: Look the robot sees Wallace eating the cheese cracker, and Gromit, but, the – the robot doesn't want him to eat the cheese cracker, because – that's part of the moon.

Alex: Look, they flew away and now the robot's sad.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: But now he's happy! And he's waving at them.

Alex: They flew back to their house.


(Alex and Claire come home from school to find a new widescreen TV.)

Alex: Wow! Wow!

Alex: Wow! Look at our big! T! V!

Alex: I'm excited, Daddy!
Daddy: Me too!

Alex: Wow! It's amazing, Daddy!

Claire: Wow! TV. Up!

Claire: TV. Out. Off.

Alex: Can I watch “Cars” now?

Alex: I like my new TV.


Claire (talking on the toy phone): Hello? Uh Daddy.


(after nap, just before snack)

Mommy: Why are you whining?
Alex: Because I'm hungry and grouchy.


(snack time)

Daddy: One time, when I was a little boy, I really wanted some french fries, but I didn't have any, so I dug a big hole in the ground, and I dug and I dug and I dug until I found some.
Alex: You were pretending to be a doggie?
Daddy (laughing): Yeah!

Alex: At school I was playing like a doggie with Wyatt, while we were doing beanbags.
Daddy: You did?
Alex: Yeah, and we tryied to be a doggie and play together.
Daddy: That's silly, was that fun?
Alex: Yeah.

Alex: Can I have more french fries?
Daddy: That depends, are you gonna ask for them nicely, with a “May I” and a “Please”?
Alex: Please?
Daddy: May I…
(Pause.)
Daddy: …have more fries, please?
Alex: May I have some more veggie fries, please?
Daddy: Yeah!
Alex: They're very yummy.
Daddy: They're very yummy?
Alex: Yeah. I like them!


(Claire notices the Band-Aid on Mommy’s collarbone.)
Claire: Shirt.
Mommy: It's a Band-Aid.
Alex: What happened to you?
Mommy: I got hit with a TV.
(Pause.)
Alex: Oh.


Alex: If I'm a grown-up, and I hit my chest on the TV Mommy, I will get hurt. And I will get, I will get a Band-Aid on my chest. So I will feel better. And, your Band-Aid has Dora on it right?
Mommy: I think it's Diego, isn't it?
Alex: Oh, Diego.
Claire: Bump.
Mommy: Yeah I have a bump.
Claire: Oh. TV.
Mommy: From the TV, yeah.
Claire (to Daddy): Aw see, TV, bump. Aw see.
Alex: There's nothing to see.
Claire: Daddy.
Mommy: Daddy doesn't have a TV bump.


Alex: I want bread, at dinner, next time. Can you make me bread, um, at the other dinner next time?


Daddy: Can Claire play in the cave?
Alex: Yeah! She may!


(Claire reads Sleepy Bear.)
Claire: Sleepy bear, cave.
Claire: Sleepy, cave.
Claire: Bugs back.
Claire: The end, yay.

Claire: Feet on it.
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: Feet on it.
Daddy: That’s right.

(Daddy is getting Claire’s PJs on, and Claire helps top up her PJ bottoms.)
Daddy: You helped! Oh look at you, you helped!
Claire (excited): Uh Mommy. Uh Mommy.
Daddy: Okay.
(Claire runs off to tell Mommy.)

Claire (to Mommy): Uh pants. On.
Mommy:You have your pants on? Did you put ‘em on?
Claire: Yeah. Daddy.
Mommy: With Daddy? Good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment