Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mommy went to get the map, to show me where you went to see the penguins. In America.


Alex: Next time, at school, I sat in the chairs, and watched them do Circle Time, and I told miss Arnold that I played with Claire.
Daddy: Yeah?
Alex: Yeah. And, and I was really sad, because I wanted you to stay at school with me.


Claire (talking to herself): Sid! Sid. Grandma, Sid. Grandma, Sid.
Alex (laughing): Claire’s saying “Grandma, Sid, Grandma, Sid”!
Alex: Claire’s being silly.
Claire (liking the attention): Grandma Sid. Grandma Sid. Grandma Sid. Grandma Sid. Grandma Sid.
Alex (laughing): Grandma Sid!
Claire: Grandma Sid. Grandma Sid. Grandma Sid. Grandma Sid. Grandma Sid.
(Daddy looks at Claire and she laughs shyly.)
Claire: Grandma Sid. Grandma Sid.
(Claire laughs.)
Claire: Grandma Sid. Grandma Sid.


Alex: Grommie licked my finger!
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex: I think he loves me.


Alex: Look at me, Claire! Isn't that funny?


(dinner time)
Claire: Uh cheese on it.


(getting ready for bed)

(Claire looks at her PJ top.)
Claire: Bow. On it.

(Alex is reading “Little Mommy” aloud, but his words are mostly gibberish.)
Alex (reading): Someone has a bapple key gay.
Daddy: A bapple key gay?
Alex: Yeah, it’s on the book.

(Claire flips through “Goodnight, Me.”)
Claire: The end.
Claire (clapping her hands): Yay!

(At Claire’s bed time, Alex gives her a kiss and a hug.)
Alex: Night night, Claire. I love you. See you in the morning.

Alex: Mommy went to get the map, to show me where you went to see the penguins. In America.

Alex: Grommie licked my hand again.
Daddy: Did he?
Alex: Yeah. I think he loves me.

Mommy: This is a map of the whole world, not just the US. Can you find the US?
(Alex points.)
Mommy: That's Canada, it’s close.

Alex: Can we go to Antarctica sometime?
Mommy: I don’t know, honey. Maybe when you’re older. Like twenty.

Alex: Grommie licked me again!
Mommy: He did?
Alex: I think he loves me.

Alex (to Mommy): I like your PJs.
Mommy: Thanks.
Alex: I wanna count the penguins.
(Alex points to the penguins as he counts.)
Alex: One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, and then there’s nine!
Mommy: Why is that penguin special? You counted him twice.

Mommy:So if you touched him twice, and you counted nine, how many of them are there?
(Pause.)
Alex: A lot!


(Mommy reads “Olivia and the Missing Toy” to Alex.)

Alex: Why did – why did – she call her “Sweetie Pie”?
Mommy: Because that’s what Mommy calls her, like I call you Swee’ Pea.
Alex and Mommy (in unison): No, Honey.
(Alex laughs.)

(At the part of the book where Olivia yells, Mommy doesn’t literally yell as she reads.)
Alex: I can't hear it, I can’t hear it.
(Mommy reads it again, louder.)
Alex: I - I can't hear it.

Alex: Is she gonna walk in the window?

Mommy (reading): “Don't worry,” said Olivia’s father.
Alex (in a funny voice): “Don't worry,” said Olivia’s father.
Mommy (reading): “Tomorrow we’ll get you –“
Alex and Mommy (in unison, Alex doing his funny voice again): “-- the best toy in the whole world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment