Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Daddy, I need to go potty now.


Alex: Daddy, I need to go potty now.
[This is the first time Alex has requested it!]


(driving to school)

Alex: I like driving fast, Daddy.

Alex: I’m gonna be happy at school today.


(playing in the backyard)

Alex: I’m sitting in the shade so I’m not wearing sunglasses. We don’t wear sunglasses in the shade, Claire.
Claire: Uh glasses. Shade.
(Pause.)
Claire: Uh glasses. Shade.
Alex: That’s right, Claire.

Alex: I made Claire laugh. She was a little bit sad and I made her laugh.


(The two boys next door – one about Alex’s age, and his much older brother – are playing on their trampoline.)
Alex: Hi!
Little Boy Neighbor: Hi!
(Alex laughs.)
Alex: Hi!
Little Boy Neighbor: Hi!
(Alex laughs.)
Alex: Hi!
Lilttle Boy Neighbor: Hi!
(Alex laughs.)
Alex: Hi!
Little Boy Neighbor: Hi!
(Alex laughs.)
(This went on for a long time.)

Big Boy Neighbor (to his younger brother): Fine, you don’t have to play with me.
Little Boy Neighbor: I wanna play with you.
Big Boy Neighbor: Then quit talkin’ to your friend. He said hi to us like 10 – or 42 times.


Daddy: We’re gonna have to take your pants off, too, if you’re gonna sit on the couch, Alex.
Alex: Because I got them wet when I fell down?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Three times.


(Alex is watching Wallace and Gromit in A Grand Dady Out.)
Alex: They don’t have any cheese, Daddy.


(dinner time)

Daddy: Alex, do you have allergies?
Alex: Yeah.
Daddy: What allergies do you have?
Alex: Peanut allergies.
Mommy: Good job!

Alex: I want a napkin.
Mommy: May I have a napkin please?
Alex: Yeah.
Mommy: No, that’s what you say.
(Pause.)
Alex: What?

Claire: Uh sauce.
Mommy: You want more sauce?
Claire: Yeah.
Mommy: You still have sauce, it’s right there.
Claire: Uh more sauce, chicken!

Daddy: Claire, what did we see in the garage this morning?
Claire: Mommy.
Daddy: What was in the garage? Flying around?
Claire: Bird.
Daddy: That’s right!
Alex: I saw the bird too, and I was a little bit scared because, it might came in our house.
Mommy: Alex, do you want some more pear?
Alex: Yeah. And can I have more pizza?
Mommy: Pizza? Is that what you said?
Alex: Yeah. I didn’t know what I was saying.

Mommy: Claire, you’re funny.
Alex: Claire’s not funny!
Daddy: She’s not?
Alex: No. She’s not. I’m funny.


(Alex opens the pantry door and addresses the pantry.)
Alex: Hey, can I have money please?
Alex: Thank you.
(Alex closes the pantry door.)
Daddy: Who are you talking to?
Alex: I’m talking to the person that gave me money.
(Alex runs off.)


(Alex and Claire are in the dining room.)
Alex (to Claire): This is where I hide to poop.


Mommy: You wanna go outside now, Claire?
Claire: Yeah. Shoes.

Alex: I wanna go outside with my shoes on. And play with Daddy if he wants to.

Alex (to Daddy): You wanna play with me? Please?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Get outta your chair so you can play.
Daddy: I can play in my chair.
Alex: No. Are you gonna run? Run with me. Don't play in your chair. You won't know how to run. Run.


(Daddy and Claire are reading a flap book. One of the flaps had previously been ripped off, and Mommy had taped it back on.)
Claire (pointing to the taped flap): Mommy did tape on.
Daddy: Yeah .
(Claire points to another flap that isn’t ripped or taped.)
Claire (shaking head “no”): Tape.


(In Claire’s room. Claire is going to bed.)
Alex: I wanna give you a hug and a kiss. Because I love you.
Claire: No.
Alex: Can I give you a kiss, Claire?
Claire: No.
Daddy: Maybe you can blow her a kiss.
(Alex blows Claire a kiss.)
Alex (holding his arms wide): Can I have my hug?
(Claire stays where she is.)
Alex: I can hug you here.
(Alex gives Claire an imaginary hug from where he is.)
(Alex goes back to his room. Claire comes to Alex’s door, crying.)
Claire: Ay-yah!
Mommy: Oh, you wanna give Alex a hug? Well, go in Alex’s room.
(Claire enters Alex’s room, crying, and Alex gives her a hug and a kiss. Then Claire goes to bed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment