Monday, March 29, 2010

Tah! Mout!


Alex: When I was sleeping, I heard a storm, and I didn’t know where that was coming from.
Mommy: Yeah, there was thunder and lightning.


Alex: I like playing with my dog.


(Mommy is preparing Claire’s last-time-ever naptime bottle.)
Claire: Nap. Time.


(dinner time)

Mommy: We have steak and carrots and pears.
Alex: Not pears, silly.
Mommy: We have pears, silly.
Alex: No pears, silly.
Mommy: You’re silly.
Alex: You’re silly.
Mommy: No you’re silly.

Alex: I didn’t like the butter, mommy. Because I tried it and I didn’t like it. Because I got too much carrot in my mouth. I didn’t like it, that.


Alex (laughing): Grommie licked me on my face!


(Claire is yelling at her toothbrush.)
Claire: Tah! Mout!
Claire: Tah!
(Pause.)
Claire: Mout!


Mommy: Alex, are you hyper?
Alex: No hyper. Shnyper. And house hyper.


(Mommy is reading The Best Nest to Claire.)
Mommy: And out popped a baby bird.
Claire: Baby bird, yay.

(Claire wants to be read another book.)
Claire: Ah Elmo.

No comments:

Post a Comment