Tuesday, March 9, 2010

And my Mommy was sad. She was mad at me! Mad! Mad!


Alex: I didn’t get my treat today. I got my treat on Sunday, and Monday, and Wednesday, and Thursday, and Friday... and Saturday.


Alex: Who's out there?
Daddy: Grandma.
Alex: Grandma, yeah. And what's she doing?
Claire: Plant. Grass.
Alex: She's planting grass?
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: Yeah. And flowers.


Alex: I ate all my muffin and my banana, and it went in my tummy. That's where it goes, in the poop, in the potty.
Claire: Potty? Ah!


(Claire wants Alex’s magazine.)
Alex: No, it's my magazine. I got it from Grandma so I want it. You were not playing with it so I got it.
Alex: Sorry. Claire, maybe we can make dinner?
Claire: Oh dinner.
Alex: Daddy, can we make dinner?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Oh, Daddy said yes.


Alex: I'm mad at you because, I said no at you, I said yes at you, because… um… um… … hrm… what's that other word I said before?
(Long pause.)
Alex: And then -- and then -- and then I said… then I said… then I said…
Claire: No!


Alex: Claire, come hide with me and poop.


(Daddy is folding laundry, with help from Alex and Claire.)
Alex: Mommy, we're doing laundry.
Claire: Uh laundry. Uh low.
Mommy: You're doing laundry? Are you helping Daddy?
Claire: Daddy. Help.


Alex (washing hands for dinner): After I wash hands can I have a carrot?


(dinner time)
Claire: Ah more. Toast.
Mommy: Okay can you --
Claire: Peeze.
Mommy: Oh, good job, Claire!
Alex: Please.
Mommy: Good job, Alex.
Claire: Job. Daddy.

(Alex coughs.)
Alex: I coughed in my arm.
Daddy: Good job, Alex!
(Claire coughs.)
Claire: Uh cough arm.

(Claire passes gas.)
Claire: Poop.
Mommy: I think that was just gas, honey.
Claire: Gas. Diaper!
Mommy: Diaper. Do you need a new diaper?
Claire: Yah.

(Claire notices one of the Diego gardening gloves.)
Claire: Grandma! Grandma! Grandma!

Alex: You know how I'm trying to, um, touch your leg like that, well that's why I love you.

Alex: Daddy, may I have more bread please?
Alex: Yeah I said it right.

Daddy (to Alex): You're not gonna eat those carrots?
Mommy (to Alex): Are you kidding? I made those just for you.
Alex: I'm not gonna eat them, because I'm already full. And then, if I eat too much of those carrots, I might get a tummyache.


Alex: Just like, I squeeze the barbecue sauce, and then it came out, and it got all over, the top of it.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: And my Mommy was sad. She was mad at me! Mad! Mad!

Alex: Thomas Gatewood! Time to go upstairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment