Saturday, March 6, 2010

Daddy, don't buy shampoo at… Walgreen's. That's the point.


Alex (to Claire): Do you wanna feed the baby?

Claire: Dinner.
Alex: She needs breakfast. It's called breakfast.

Claire: Uh baby, get it. Uh baby. Get it.
Daddy: Okay.
Claire: Uh baby get it!
Daddy: Okay, sweetie.

Mommy (to Daddy): Don't buy shampoo at Walgreen's, it's too expensive.
Alex (to Daddy): Daddy, don't buy shampoo at… Walgreen's. That's the point.

(Perhaps an hour later.)
Alex (to Daddy): At Walgreens, when you go somewhere, don't buy shampoo.
(Alex laughs.)
Alex: I said that!


(lunch time)

Alex (to Daddy): I'm gonna make you turn into a spoon.
Daddy: You're gonna make me turn into a spoon?
Alex: Yeah. Pff. You're a spoon.

Alex: I'm tryin' to pick something up. I'm gonna pick it up with my, hand fingers.
Daddy: Your hand fingers?
Alex: Yeah. Look. I picked it up!

(Claire is drinking cow milk, and liking it for the first time.)
Claire: Milk. Daddy? Daddy?
Daddy: Are you drinking milk?!
(Claire looks proud.)

Alex: He's not happy with me, right? You're not happy with me.
Daddy: That's right. Why am I not happy with you?
Alex: Because I'm not eating dinner.
(Pause.)
Alex: But you're happy with Claire, right? You're happy with Claire.

Alex: Look at me, Mommy!
Mommy: I see you.
Alex: I'm really cute.


(Daddy is driving Alex and Claire to the mall.)
Alex: Is this the way?
Daddy: Yeah, this is the way to the mall.
Alex: I like this way because there's a lot of trees and that's the forest.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: I never been there.

(Alex and Claire are playing in the little buildings by the mall train stop.)
Alex (standing behind the counter of the General Store): Daddy and Claire, what do you want to buy?

No comments:

Post a Comment