Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Swim on the carpet.


(Alex is swimming in the tub.)
Alex (to Daddy): Swim on the carpet.


Alex: Can you say “puh” on my tummy?
Alex: Right here.
Alex: Try to go too far.

Alex: Say “pff” on my tummy. Say “pff” on my tummy. Right there. Say it. Say it!

Alex: Stop tickling, Daddy. We’re not doing tickling. We’re doing this.
Daddy: What are we doing?
Alex: We’re doing tummy.
Daddy: What are we doing to tummy?
Alex: We’re saying “pff”.


(Mommy is putting Claire to bed.)
Alex: Oh wait - wait guys. I need to give you a hug and a kiss.


(Daddy is typing on his Blackberry.)
Alex (pulling it out of Daddy’s hands): You’re done with this. You’re done with it. You’re done.

Alex: I'm putting away your Blackberry so I can put it in your pocket.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: And don't take it out when I put it in your pocket.


Alex: Will you play with the dog?
Daddy: Okay. What does the dog do?
Alex: Don’t say that! Mommy didn’t say that in the morning and don’t say that.
Daddy: I’m sorry, what did I do wrong? What did I say?
Alex: You said "What does the dog say?"
Daddy: Okay.


(in bed)
Alex: Uhhhhh.
Mommy: Uhhhhh.
Alex: Uhhhhh.
(Pause.)
Alex: Uhhhhh. Can you say that?
Mommy: Uhhhhh.
Alex: Give me a kiss.

Alex: What do you wanna do after nap?
(Daddy tells Alex what they’ll do tomorrow.)
Alex: Say again.
(Daddy tells Alex what they’ll do tomorrow, but says it very quickly.)
Alex (interrupting): Stop talking like that.
Daddy: Oh, I’m sorry, how do you want me to talk?
Alex: Talk the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment