Monday, September 21, 2009

Chicken.



(breakfast)

Claire (seeing a banana): ‘Nana.

Claire (holding her waffle): That’s waffle.


Claire: Awnh rock.


Daddy: Where did you go?
Alex: To Target.
Daddy: Oh, Target. That sounds fun.
Alex: I got some bananas. You wanna see?



Alex: I listened to classical music, Daddy.



Alex: I said all the animals.



(Daddy and Alex are looking at a book.)
Daddy: Can you name all these foods?
Alex (pointing at broccoli): Broccoli.
Alex (pointing at carrots): Carrots.
Alex (pointing at a strawberry): Strawberry.
Alex (pointing at bananas): Chicken.
Alex (pointing at a partially-sliced loaf of bread): What’s that?
Daddy: What does it look like?
Daddy (pointing at the slices) : What’s that right there?
Alex: Um bread.
Daddy: That’s right.
Daddy (pointing at the bananas): And what’s that?
Alex: Chicken.
Daddy: Do you see any bananas anywhere? Or no?
Alex: No.
Daddy: You don't see any bananas?
Alex: No.
Daddy (pointing at the bananas): What's that?
Alex: Chicken.




(dinner time)


Alex: Eat that pea, Grommie. Eat that pea. Eat that pea!
Alex (To Daddy): Will you tell him to eat that pea?
Daddy: Eat that pea, Grommie.
Alex: He didn’t eat it. He’s not gonna eat it.
Daddy: I guess he doesn’t want it.


Alex: I want some grapes. I just ate some few a pea.
Daddy: Oh you did? I ate some pea.
(Pause.)
Alex: It’s peas.


Grape: Hi. I want a friend.
Daddy’s water: Hi.
Grape: I’m not your friend.
Daddy’s water: Why not?
Grape: I need to look for the other water. What Mommy’s gonna bring when she’s done, ah!
(Alex eats the grape.)

Alex: I want some bread with no butter on it.
Daddy: I want a million dollars with no butter on it.
Alex: We (mumble mumble mumble).
Daddy: What?
Alex: We’ll get some more dinosaurs later.

Alex: I want some bread with no butter on it please.
Daddy: Okay.
Daddy (getting the bread): May I have some bread with no butter on it please?
Alex: Okay.
Daddy: No, you say it.
Alex: I want a million dollars.
Daddy: No, you say “May I have…”
Alex: Okay, here’s a million dollars.
(Alex pretends to hand a million dollars to Daddy.)
Daddy: Alex, may I…
Alex: May I.
Daddy: Have…
Alex: Have some more bread, please?
Daddy: Okay.



Alex: What's this? What's this, Daddy?
Daddy: That's a, um, vent.
Alex: Is this a part of the house?
Daddy: Yes, it’s a part of the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment