Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm tired. Of doing this.


Alex: I wanna see the boy.
Daddy: You wanna see the boy?
Alex: Yeah if he needs a toy. How ‘bout a ball?


Alex: After I wash my hands can I eat a grape, please?


Alex: I wanna turn the water on, Daddy.
Daddy: I’m sorry I should have realized.
Alex: I need the soap, Mommy.
Alex: I think I got the soap off, Mommy.


Alex: I want the light on.
Daddy: Can you ask nicely?
Alex: Please. Please?
Daddy: Could you turn the light on please?
Alex: May I – May you turn the light on please?
Daddy: Yes I may.


Daddy: You wanna know what I did today? You can ask me about my day if you want.
Alex: Daddy, what did you do after your day?
Daddy: I went to work.
Alex: And what did you do?
(Daddy tells Alex about his day.)
Alex: Tell me about my day.


Alex: I will go check on them.


Alex: I know how to open the door, Daddy.


Alex: My pants are down.


Alex: I’m gonna check the weather.
Daddy: What are you doing, Alex?
Alex: I’m trying to check the weather.


Alex (banging his toy hammer): I’m making a building.

Alex: I'm done making a building. I'm tired. Of doing this.


(playing house)

The Mommy: I'm going to work.
The other Mommy: Bye.
The Mommy: See you later.
(The Mommy drives to the middle of Alex’s room and gets out.)
Alex (to Daddy): Work's over there (pointing at the corner of the room); that's where the store is (pointing to the middle of the room). The store's over there – the store's over here and that's work over there.

Alex: Mommy, you’re stepping on the bunny.
Alex: Mommy, don’t step on the bunny and don’t drive on (mumble).

The Mommy: I’m going to the store. I’m going to the grocery store.
The Mommy (to the Baby): Should we get some waffles?
Alex: We ate all the waffles. They’re beside the toys.
The Mommy: Oh okay, let’s go see the toys.
(The Mommy drives over to the middle of Alex’s room.)
Alex: That’s not the store, the store’s way over there.
The Mommy: I thought this was the store. I’m going to this store.
Alex: That’s not the store.
The Mommy: What is it?
Alex: That’s Wal-Mart.
The Mommy: Oh.
Alex: That’s Wal-Mart. Now go to the grocery store. Waffles are behind the toys at the grocery store.


(Alex is looking at the books pictured on the back cover of Curious George and the Puppies.)
Alex: What's he doing?
Daddy: He's going camping.
Alex: I wanna go camping.
Daddy: Okay, we'll have to go camping. That will be fun.
Alex: Can we go to a pond and see the dump truck?

No comments:

Post a Comment