Thursday, September 10, 2009

I pee-peed, Daddy. I pee-peed on the carpet.


(Daddy drains the water from the bathtub.)
Alex: Is it a whale?
Daddy: No.
Alex: Is it a dolphin?
Daddy: No.
Alex: Is it a shoes?
Daddy: No.
Alex: Is it a slippers?
Daddy: No.
Alex: Is it a Elmo and a camel?
Daddy: No.
Alex: I think it’s a boy slipping.


(Daddy is giving Claire her bottle prior to bed. Alex walks into the room.)
Alex: I pee-peed, Daddy. I pee-peed on the carpet. Over there.
Daddy: Okay. It’s okay. I’ll clean it up after I put Claire to bed. You go play in your room, okay?
Alex: Okay.
Daddy: Don’t touch the pee-pee, okay?
Daddy: Okay, Alex?
Alex: Okay.
(Alex leaves.)

(After putting Claire to bed, Daddy comes out of Claire’s room.)
Alex: Daddy, can you clean up the pee-pee? I’ll show you where it is.
Daddy: Okay.
(Alex leads Daddy to the spot.)
Alex: It’s over here. It’s right over here.


Alex: Can you put the toy back in the playroom? It’s still on the rug.


(Alex has new PJs with rockets on them.)
Alex (pointing at a rocket): I watch that at school. I watch this one at school.
Alex (pointing at another rocket): And this one’s called… um I don’t know what this one’s called.
Alex: Can you say what that airplane’s called, the rocket?
Daddy: It’s called a rocket.
Alex: They’re all rockets.
Daddy: That’s right.

(Daddy is typing on his Blackberry.)
Alex (tugging on the Blackberry): You’re done. You’re done, Daddy.
Daddy: Okay, just a minute.
Alex: No, you’re done. This is ridiculous.
(Alex takes the Blackberry.)
Daddy: This is what?
Alex: This is ridiculous.

Alex (pointing to another rocket): And what's his name called?
Daddy: I think he's just another rocket.
Alex: No, it’s not Rocket.

(Alex is looking at his PJ top, which has a dinosaur riding in a rocket.)
Alex: What’s he doing?
Daddy: I don’t know. What do you think he’s doing? Where do you think he’s going?
Alex: I don’t know.
Daddy: Maybe he’s going to see Alex.
Alex: No.
Daddy: Maybe he’s going to see Elmo.
Alex: No.
Daddy: Maybe he’s going to the bookstore to play trains.
Alex: No. He doesn’t have any hands to play trains.
Daddy: Oh, okay.

Alex: Can Big Tummy talk to the baby?
Daddy: No, Big Tummy doesn’t talk to babies.
Alex: Please. Will you do it please? I asked nicely.
Daddy: Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment