Thursday, September 24, 2009

Okay. I play with the cat and the boy. And you play with the Mommy.


(getting in the car to go to school)

Alex: This is Thomas. From yesterday, when your car was not working?

Alex: Is it not working now? Let's see if it’s not working.

Alex: Is it gonna work?
Daddy: Yeah.

Alex: Is it working now?
Daddy: Yes.


Alex: Dogs need to be at home, because they need to go to the doggie 'tel. The – the doggie hotel.
Daddy: That’s right.
Alex: Where there're people there.
Daddy: That’s right.
Alex: And play with other dogs.


(Daddy walks in carrying bags of groceries)
Alex (jumping up excitedly): Oh! Can I help you Daddy?


Alex: These go in the ‘frigerator.
Mommy: That’s right.
Alex (to Daddy): I'm gonna make cookies with Mommy. While you’re at work.
Daddy: While I'm at work?
Alex: While you’re playing with Claire.


(Alex drapes a pair of tied-together shoes around his neck.)
Alex: I'm a backpack. I’m a backpack.
Mommy: You’re a backpack?
Alex: Look at me.


Alex: Look. I'm having a hard (day?) playing with my helicopter.
Daddy: You're having a hard time? Why is that?
Alex: Because I need to eat dinner so my tummy feels better.


(Alex and Daddy are reading Bubble Hunt.)
Alex: What's that one?
Daddy: I guess that's Baby Nemo or something.
Alex: I think Nemo’s in trouble.
Daddy: He is? What happened?
Alex: The bubble’s trying to get to all the people. And Nemo doesn’t want to do that game.


(Alex reads Bubble Hunt to himself.)

Alex: Nemo had something he did. There was something he had to do.

Alex: And they found it, and they tried to pick it up, and he went back to the school with his bubble. The end.


Alex: I see the clouds.
Daddy: Oh yeah, I see them too. Look at all the clouds.
Alex: It might storm.
Daddy: It might.
Alex: It might storm. It might storm. We don't get to play outside when it storms.


Alex: I put fall up. Today at school.
Daddy: What did you do?
Alex: I put fall up.
Daddy: You did? Good for you! What does fall look like?
Alex: Um, fall d—doesn’t look like something.
Alex: I talked about families, and I talked about the circle too.
Daddy: Wow, that sounds like fun! What did you say?
Alex: Um, I was quiet. I was quiet at school, Daddy.


Alex: What are you doing?
Daddy: I’m just doing something.
Alex: You trying to see what you did at work on your telephone?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: On your Blackberry?
Daddy: Yeah.


Alex: Miss Woody was bigger to put fall up. And cloudy up.
Daddy: Yeah?
Alex: Yeah. And it’s too far, um, it’s too up high and everyone can’t reach.


Alex: And there's a car. We don't wanna drive in the night.
Daddy: No. What do we wanna do in the night?
Alex: We need to nap.
Daddy: That’s right. So we’re well rested. And then what do we do tomorrow?
Alex: I'm opening your pocket, and see if you have – and see if you have rocks in there.
Daddy: Oh, okay. Did I have rocks in there?
Alex: No, you don’t have rocks in there.
Alex: I don’t have pockets in these PJs.
Daddy: Yeah.


Alex: I think that was coming from outside.
Daddy: Was that outside?
Alex: Um how ‘bout... I think Claire said it.
Daddy: But Claire’s not outside.

Daddy: Do you hear it?
Alex: Um. Yeah.
Daddy: What does it sound like?
Alex: Okay, you’re done, Daddy.
Daddy: Done with what?
Alex: You’re done with your telephone.
Daddy: All right. Let’s play house.
Alex: Okay.


Alex: Okay. I play with the cat and the boy. And you play with the Mommy.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: And the Daddy.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: And the girl.
Daddy: All right.
The Boy: Hi Mommy and Daddy and the girl.
The Mommy and the Daddy and the Girl: Hi.
The Boy: Do you wanna go to Target? They have two sheets for you.
The Mommy and the Daddy and the Girl: Sheets?
The Boy: They have two sheets for you.
The Mommy and the Daddy and the Girl: Okay.
The Boy: I'm gonna go to Target and get some food, and - some other stuff. And then I'm gonna come home. Okay?
The Mommy and the Daddy and the Girl: Okay.
(The boy drives off.)
The Boy: Cat, you can’t go to Target. Can’t go to Wal-Mart. I’m going to Wal-Mart.
Cat: I’m going to Wal-Mart too.
(There is silence for a while.)
The Mommy: When is the boy gonna come home? I miss the boy. I’m hungry.
The Boy: Oh I’m getting some food. From the Wal-Mart.
The Mommy: Oh, good.
(Daddy’s leg is Wal-Mart.)
The Boy: From the pants. And that shirts and more pants. Now I'm going home. Oh, I forgot bread.
(The boy and the cat get back in the car.)
The Boy: Let's go, um, cat.
Boy (or cat?): Watch out, Mommy!
The Mommy: Yay, you’re home!

Alex: Ding dong.
The Boy: Is someone there?
The Mommy: I'm here, come in boy.
The Boy: ‘Kay.
(The Boy comes in.)
The Boy: Hi.
The Mommy: Hi, boy.
The Boy: I'm gonna get something to eat.
The Mommy: We don't have anything to eat.
The Boy: Need something to eat.
The Mommy: We need to go to the store.
The Boy: Um, I got some other food and I got more food. From the refrigerator.
The Boy: And I'm gonna paint the house and I'm gonna paint the railing. And I'm gonna paint the roof and it broked. And I'm gonna paint the white. And I'm gonna paint it some yellow and the blue’s broken.

Alex: Oh! The sun is going away now. The moon’s coming out. Oh! The moon is out. There's the moon. When the sun comes out we can play outside. Oh the sun is out, Mommy!

Daddy: Beep - beep - beep - beep - beep – beep.
Alex: Oh go back in the house. Let's get in the house. Come get in the house, driver.


(in bed)
Alex: I wanna play in the backyard.
Daddy: You wanna play in the backyard.
Alex: And play trains, and (mumble) playroom (mumble)
Daddy: Play backyard (mumble) trains (mumble)
Alex: I’ll wake up Claire and come and close my door. Can you say that?
Daddy: Wake up Claire and come and close your door. Okay?
Alex: I’ll wake up Claire and come and close my door. Can you say that?
Daddy: Wake up Claire and come and close your door. Okay?
Alex: Now give me a kiss.
Daddy: Okay.
(Daddy gives Alex a kiss.)
Alex: Now go, because I need to sleep.
Daddy: Ok. I love you. Night-night.

No comments:

Post a Comment