Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!



(dinner time)
Alex: I drinked up it!

Alex (pointing at Daddy’s bread): I want that bread.
Daddy: Well Daddy will get you some more bread after he cleans up.
Alex: That’s the bread I want.

Alex: Hi monkey. Go away.

Alex: Can you talk to Big Tummy say “Eat your toast” and Daddy say "We don’t have any toast, we have bread." Can you say that?

Alex: I want bread toast.
Daddy: What?
Alex: I want bread toast.
Daddy: What’s bread toast?
Alex: Bread toast is under the stuff.
Daddy: Under what stuff?
Alex (gesturing toward the counter): Under the stuff that Mommy put there.
Daddy (picking up the loaf of bread from the counter): Is this bread toast?
Alex: Yeah.

Alex: Do your funny face and make your thumb go in there and then do this – boop! – do that!


(Daddy's getting the bath ready for Alex.)
Alex: I want Mommy to take me a bath.
Daddy: What about Daddy? Don’t we have fun? Alex and Daddy.
Alex: I ready to give you a hug I – I love you Daddy.


(playing trains)
Alex: Daddy’s going to the office to go to work. And Bertie’s gonna stay there while he goes to work. And there in the airport where he does his work.

Alex: The bus walked up to the track and then Daddy went to work and Bertie went to the grocery store.


(Alex is looking at a big sheet of animal pictures.)
Alex (saying each animal as he points to it): Penguin. Quail. Roh-nirus. What’s that?
Mommy: Koala.
Alex: Koala. Lion. Monkey.
Claire (jabbing her finger at the sheet, mimicking Alex): Ah!
Alex: No stop saying those!
Claire (jabbing her finger again): Uh!
Alex: Stop saying those!
Mommy: She can say it too.
Alex: Giraffe. Hippo.
Claire (jabbing repeatedly): Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Alex: Iguana. Tiger.
Claire (jabbing repeatedly): Ah! Ah! Ah!
Alex: Stop saying those!
Alex: Camel. Dolphin. Elephant. Flamingo. Polar bear and, um, alligator.


Claire: Muh buh muh sh ewoh dijoh! Dijoh!


Alex: Sing Lullaby.


(Alex is wearing a necklace.)
Alex: I have a list.


Alex: (to cow and deer): Guys, stop doing that. I need you to listen, and I want you to wear this list. Okay I will wear it. I will wear it.


Daddy: Alex, tell Mommy what you did.
Alex: I opened the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment