Monday, September 14, 2009

Mama. Mama.


Alex: Let's go in the garage door.
Daddy: Oh, okay.
Alex: The garage door’s open. I just went in the front door after school.


(dinner time)

Daddy: Did you have a good day?
Alex: Yeah. I went to Wal-Mart and then I came home to see you.

Daddy: What did you do at school today?
Alex: I don’t know.
(Pause.)
Alex: After school… At school I played outside… I ate lunch… I wrote a book. And… All my friends were sleeping and then I came home!

Claire: Mama. Mama.
Daddy: Mama went to get something.
Claire: Mama.
Alex: Claire, don't fuss, okay? You’re gonna take a nap in a few minutes.

Alex: I need a napkin.
Alex: I need a napkin.
Daddy: I need a million dollars.
Alex: You don’t need a million dollars.
Alex (in staccato bursts): May – I – have – a – napkin – please?
Daddy: Yes you may.
(Daddy gives Alex a napkin.)
Daddy: Hey Alex. (in staccato bursts) May – I – have – a – million – dollars – please?
Alex: No.

(Daddy leaves the kitchen.)
Alex: Daddy!! Daddy!!
Daddy: Yes Alex. What is it that you need?
Alex: I need you to come in here and - don't walk away from me, stay with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment