Thursday, September 3, 2009

Can I see another house that’s, um, broked?


(walking into school)
Alex (to Mommy and Daddy): I wanna hold some hands.


Claire: Rock.


Claire: Elmo.


Daddy: Hey Alex, what did you do at school today?
Alex: When I play with books, and after books, Miss (mumble) brought in the TV, and I watch Rocket, and there was a storm coming. On the TV.


(Daddy takes Alex and Claire for a ride in the car.)

(Alex sees a woman wearing a straw hat looking around in her front yard.)
Alex: Look there’s a gr – a grandma in the yard, looking for something, to take inside.

(Alex sees a house with a brick front.)
Alex: Look there – there that’s blocks. They’re – they’re building a house with – with blocks.

(Daddy points out a house that’s under construction, and talks to Alex about it.)
Alex: Can I see another house that’s, um, broked?

(Daddy finds another house that’s under construction.)
Alex: Can you say about this house?
(Daddy tells Alex and Claire about the house.)
Alex: Can you say about this house?
(Daddy tells Alex and Claire about the house.)
Alex: Talk about it. Talk about this house again.
(Daddy tells Alex and Claire about the house.)
Alex: Can you talk about it? Talk about all of this house?
(Daddy tells Alex and Claire about the house.)
Alex: Can I - can I see again?

Alex: Can I see another house broked?

Alex: This is where home is.

(Daddy passes the elementary school.)
Alex: Daddy, I will go to this school in a few minutes.

Daddy: When Alex gets bigger, he’ll go to this school.
Alex: Now I’m in – I’m in preschool.
Daddy: That’s right.


(at the playground)

Alex: We’ll play for a few minutes and then well go home and see Mommy. And have chicken nuggets, and carrots, and milk and water and toast, and how ‘bout… ummm… ummm… green beans, okay?

Alex: We run on the sidewalk.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: We don’t run on the street. We walk and hold hands. We watch for cars in the street.


(back at home)
Daddy: Tell Mommy about the houses.
Alex (to Mommy): I saw houses. And the houses were bricked. Because there was no roof on it, and no bed, and they have to put doors on it, ‘cause they have to eat dinner.


Alex: When I sleep, when I sit up, I drink my water, and then I sleep, I can't put my blanket on.


(in bed)
Daddy: Alex, do you want to say anything to me?
Alex: Uhhhhh. Can you say that?
Daddy: Uhhhhh.
Alex: I say that and then you say that. Uhhhhh. Can you say that?
Daddy: Uhhhhh.
Alex: Give me a kiss, Daddy.
(Daddy gives Alex a kiss.)
Alex: Now go. Bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment