Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thank you for telling me.


Alex: What's wrong, Mommy?
Mommy: I'm sleepy.
Alex: But Daddy will put you down for nap.


Alex: I need some scissors. Ill be right back.


Alex: Mommy, will you make me green beans and grapes and pasta please?


Alex: You wanna buy something?
Daddy: Where do I buy something?
Alex: How ‘bout this new vitamin for your house?


Alex: I made you cookies, Claire. I say that. They will say “Thank you Alex!”


Alex: Do you want a special cookie, Daddy? I made you a special cookie.


Alex: I want another cookie first. And then I will feed the ducks.


Alex: Thank you for my cookie, Mommy.
Mommy: Thank you for my cookie, Alex.
Alex (to Daddy): Can you say thank you for your cookie?
Daddy: Thank you for your cookie, Alex.
Alex: You’re welcome.
Alex (to Claire): Can you say thank you for your cookie?


Mommy: Alex, you’re cute.
Alex: Thank you for telling me.


(in the car)

Alex: Red stop! Green (mumble), green count! One, two, three, four!

Alex: That's a big truck! On the way to the ducks! With blue on it. That's a woman.

Claire: Doooooog!


(at the park)

Alex: I see a police car, Daddy!
Daddy: Yeah!
Alex: Mommy, I see a police car!
Mommy: Oh yeah!
Alex: Grommie, do you like police cars?

Claire: Dawg! Dawg! Dawg!

(Alex comes up to Daddy.)
Alex: Can we throw a rock in the water?
Daddy: No.
Alex (calling to Mommy across the field): He said no.
Alex (to Daddy): But I wanna do it, can you say yes?


(in the car, going home)

Alex: I don’t wanna feed the ducks. I just wanna go to the playground. I don’t wanna feed the ducks.

Alex (whining): But I was trying to go to the playground. I just feed the ducks. I don't wanna feed the ducks. I just wanna go to the playground.
(Pause.)
Alex: I said that word. That’s what I wanna go to. I don’t wanna feed the ducks. I don’t wanna feed the ducks. I just wanna go to the playground.


(Alex is reading Tumble Bumble to himself.)
Alex: Tumble bumble down the street, look for something neat.
Alex: Where are you, bears?


Alex: But – but you don’t understand me.

No comments:

Post a Comment