Sunday, September 13, 2009

I wanna do (mumble) with the football and then eat carrots.


((Alex is looking out his window.)
Alex: There's a little bit of sun on the yard.
Alex: There’s a little bit of son on the road.


Alex: I wanna do (mumble) with football.
Daddy: What do you want to do?
Alex: I wanna do (mumble) with the football and then eat carrots.
Daddy: Carrots?
Alex: Yeah.
(Pause.)
Daddy: Okay.


Claire (pointing at Alex): Alex.
Claire (pointing at Grommie): Dada.


(riding in the car)

Alex: No school today!
Daddy: That’s right, no school today.
Alex: We’ll go to school next time.
Daddy: We’ll go to your new class.
Alex: I like my new class.
Daddy: Good! What friends are in your new class?
Alex: I don’t know.
Daddy: Is Ian in your new class?
Alex: Yeah.
Daddy: Oh good. I like Ian.
Alex: I like Everett.
Daddy: I like Everett too.
Alex: No you don’t go to school with me, you go to work, to play with your new friends. Your big friends.

Alex: Oh there’s a tractor. You don’t drive a tractor on the building, that’s silly.

Alex: Oh I see a wagon.
Daddy: You see a wagon? A big one.
Alex: That’s not even a wagon. It’s just a truck, or a car.


Alex: Will you pick me up? I don’t wanna walk.
Daddy: No, you’re a big boy, you have to walk.
Alex: I can’t walk (mumble). My legs are hurting. My feet.


(Daddy is playing Xbox.)
Alex: Don’t play with the TV, Daddy.
Daddy: What?
Alex: Don’t play with the TV, please.
Daddy: Okay.


Daddy: What’d you do at Nana and Pop’s house?
Alex: Nothing.
Daddy: Did you see Nana? Was Pop there?
Alex: Yeah, he didn’t wanna work.


Alex: We don’t have toast today, Tummy, we have pizza.


Alex: Do it again.
Daddy: No, Daddy will get dizzy. Do you know what “dizzy” means?
Alex: Yeah.
Daddy: Can you tell me what “dizzy” means?
Alex (to Mommy): Dizzy – means – truck.


(in the bath)

Alex: I need little toys and the big boat, and Dragon and Elmo and Cookie Monster.

Alex: Elmo’s going underwater.
Daddy: Oh, is that fun?
Alex: Yeah. But the water’s going over his head and in his tummy. I need to squeeze him so he can dry out. So he can go inside and eat dinner. And go to bed.


(in bed)
Alex: I don’t wanna go to my new class.
Daddy: I know.

Alex: Now give me a kiss.
(Daddy does.)
Alex: Cover me up.
(Daddy does.)
Alex: And now go please.

No comments:

Post a Comment